Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best video settings for the DJI Phantom Advanced 3

Discussion in 'Editing (Photo and Video)' started by Fred Guernsey, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Fred Guernsey

Can anyone recommend what is the best setting on the drone for good quality videos. I posted a video yesterday and someone commented that it would look good in HD. I mist admit the quality on my iMac is good - so just checking if I need to adjust the settings at all.

2. ryback

can you please be more specific? do you mean DJI Go app settings while recording or export settings after editing? let me know and I will be happy to help.

3. Fred Guernsey

Thanks for getting back to me. I was shooting in 1920x1080 at 24 fps but someone commented that it was not too good. Should I change this to 2704x1520 to get a better video; is this classed as HD ?

4. ryback

I personally shoot at 2.7k at 24fps then I downscale at 1080p when I export the video.

I think it is the best setting but it's important also to use the D-Log profile and set the sharpening/contrast/saturation at least to -1. So you can have a flat video, that you can apply a color correction to, and have the best results.

Samuel Quinn likes this.
  5. Fred Guernsey

Thanks again / may I ask what the D-log profile is

6. ryback

it is a color profile, you find it in the DJI go app, in advanced camera options

7. Fred Guernsey

Thanks again; I'll check it out. The videos I made in 1.9 k look good but I'll change the settings to see if there is an improvement. Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots