Best video setting for live on face book

Reaction score
Just wondering if any one has done live on Facebook and the best setting. I've tried it but seem to get jumpy video the couple times I've done it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah same here. I gone and made sure the upload feed was at 2G, was pausing every few seconds... Then I selected the 4G upload... It was worse. No idea from here. May try 1G upload next time and see how that goes

Neon Euc

I think it just sends the live view transmitter feed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Don't mean to sound rude by any means but have you tried it? Reason why is because my streaming footage to the phone is lag free but the Facebook makes it delay every few seconds. By that I don't mean randomly... It's like it's timed or something. Every 3 seconds it slows down, then goes back to normal speed. Really can't work out why. Like I said I didn't mean this answer to come across as rude. But if you tried it too then hopefully you might be able to help us work this out as personally... I am stumped on this one [emoji12]

Neon Euc

yeah i tried it with youtube and facebook live. for both it was just streaming the video the phantom sends to the controller. i didnt notice the kind of lag you describe though. i might have another play later to see if it happens.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Thanks malakai. What stream settings are you using out of curiosity? Is it 2G ?

Neon Euc

ok so i had a play with facebook streaming. i have no option to change the stream. I couldn't see a 2g or any other options. its definitely streaming the live view sent from the aircraft to the receiver because it also broadcast the digital breakup that occurred onscreen that wasn't captured to the memory card. I was testing at 1080p 24fps.

ok so i had a play with facebook streaming. i have no option to change the stream. I couldn't see a 2g or any other options. its definitely streaming the live view sent from the aircraft to the receiver because it also broadcast the digital breakup that occurred onscreen that wasn't captured to the memory card. I was testing at 1080p 24fps.

Thanks for the test. I will try that too. This is the data transfer I was on about by the way....
1483909880819.png

Neon Euc

Ok I'll take those numbers down and try that I may have the frame rate higher I'm thinking that may be my problem

Thanks for the test. I will try that too. This is the data transfer I was on about by the way.... View attachment 72837

Neon Euc

Thats not data transfer rates. thats just how much storage space is assigned to cache the video stream thats coming from the phantom into the app.

Ok I'll take those numbers down and try that I may have the frame rate higher I'm thinking that may be my problem

the jumping will be a combination of your data connection speed on your device coupled with the transmitted stream from the phantom. changing the frame rate and resolution the aircraft is using doesnt change the live stream. the facebook live stream is always 640x360 @ 30fps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair