Best video mode if little post production

Reaction score
Is DJI color the best video mode to use if you only have video cutting software and not the tools to enhance color? I know there are a lot of recommendations to use Dlog, but I don't have enhancement software at the moment.

Any recommendations on the best mode to use? I will be taking the Phantom 4 to the South Pacific soon.

If you aren't going to be color grading or messing around with the colors, it's really up to you what you choose. After all, you know best what's pleasing to you :)

FWIW, for general flying around, I use

White balance - AWB
Style - Landscape (+1 +1 +0)
Color - DJI Color (It shows up as Color None)

In the color options, instead of DJI Color, you could go down and look at what's presented there. For instance 'Vivid' will really give you bright 'candy' colors. Some people like that... Go through those options and see if there is one you like.....

I agree with jwt873. I use color set on none all of the time as I am not using Premier Pro to edit just yet. Been using Filmora by Wondershare I think. 39 bucks. It works just barely ok but you cannot adjust white balance at all in it. But I like the look of none tbo. I do add a touch of saturation to it however. When I get going on Premier Pro I will prob start trying some D-log settings but I have seen and heard D-log is not working so hot on the P4 camera.

If you aren't going to be color grading or messing around with the colors, it's really up to you what you choose. After all, you know best what's pleasing to you :)

FWIW, for general flying around, I use

White balance - AWB
Style - Landscape (+1 +1 +0)
Color - DJI Color (It shows up as Color None)

In the color options, instead of DJI Color, you could go down and look at what's presented there. For instance 'Vivid' will really give you bright 'candy' colors. Some people like that... Go through those options and see if there is one you like.....

The vivid setting is the easiest no brainer setting to use when simply cutting and splicing scenes. It is a bit over saturated, but will will make the south pacific look great.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4