Best video I've seen

that's the fellow who was one of the DJI contest winners, ..good to see he's putting his new Phantom (with H3-2d) to good use!

..the video he won with was just as breathtaking, but was un-stabilized and begging for a gimbal!

Awesome flights and great video.

Didn't seem to worry about recommendation not to fly directly above the transmitter :eek:

Although, up there probably other things to worry about...

Buk said:

Didn't seem to worry about recommendation not to fly directly above the transmitter :eek:

First time I've heard of anyone saying that one shouldn't fly directly above the transmitter,
i'd say that a vast majority of us have flown straight up and done 360degree video's within days of getting our Phantoms.

I imagine that the signal might not be as strong with the Phantom antenna pointing downward of course, but it's never been a cautionary flag to worry about.

Gizmo3000 said:
Buk said:

First time I've heard of anyone saying that one shouldn't fly directly above the transmitter,
i'd say that a vast majority of us have flown straight up and done 360degree video's within days of getting our Phantoms.

I imagine that the signal might not be as strong with the Phantom antenna pointing downward of course, but it's never been a cautionary flag to worry about.

Bigger problem with a gimbal and camera blocking the signal. Not as big a deal gopro in the plastic box.

I fly right over my radio all the time and I've never noticed a loss of signal. Where did that come from? Did someone experience this?

I don't know why everyone is saying how great the video is. It's piss poor.
The subject matter is breathtaking and the fact that he's flying from there is just mental, but the flying is poor with jolts and clunks all over the place and really bad editing.

Now this: http://vimeo.com/74500759 is an example of a stunning video.

rilot said:
The subject matter is breathtaking and the fact that he's flying from there is just mental, but the flying is poor with jolts and clunks all over the place and really bad editing.

Stunning indeed, but an unfair comparison. Hexacopter with pilot and camera operator plus camera monitor, all planted firmly on the ground versus single-handed Phantom pilot with no FPV dangling from a rock in the middle of nowhere having climbed himself up there?! I think given the hardware and conditions the climber gets a lot of extra points for his efforts...

Pull_Up said:
Stunning indeed, but an unfair comparison. Hexacopter with pilot and camera operator plus camera monitor, all planted firmly on the ground versus single-handed Phantom pilot with no FPV dangling from a rock in the middle of nowhere having climbed himself up there?! I think given the hardware and conditions the climber gets a lot of extra points for his efforts...

Agreed.
two entirely different categories

Gizmo3000 said:
Buk said:

Perhaps I've misunderstood these comments:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3452&hilit=overhead#p23586

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1882&p=12736&hilit=overhead#p12736

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1728&p=11696&hilit=overhead#p11696

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1566#p10874

Pull_Up said:
rilot said:

Agreed. The hex will be inherently more stable anyway. I'm a big fan of this guy.

http://youtu.be/DPex4cOTuuY

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic