Best Value RTR kits? Any recommendations?

Reaction score
Hello folks. This Phantom quadcopter thing got me very intrigued and i look forward to owning one and participating on this forum. It will be used on an amateur level but i want to make sure i do it right the first time. Do you folks have any recommendations on good value RTR (ready to run) kits? I was almost ready to bite the bullet on a Phantom 2 Vision at $1200 which includes a free extra battery but i'm not satisfied with its video quality and lack of Gimbal. So now i'm thinking a budget of ~$2000 for something that's as easy to use as a Phantom 2 Vision but with much better quality. If you sell me enough on it, i might spend a little more. I'm an easy sell. And FYI kits with 6 extra batteries have little value to me as i only intend to use this recreationally and i can't see myself using this hours at a time. But i like the longer run time of a Phantom 2. Thanks for the insight and help.

Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and GoPro should give the quality and flight times your looking for, and within budget too. However no free additional battery with regular Phantom 2 at the moment. Also is pretty much RTF.

Think theres also a few places doing them with FPV already installed etc if your after something like that too.

Thanks for the recommendation Lefty. I'm looking for something similar to that DSLRPros kit except $3,200+ is stretching the budget by over 50%.

Dave, the last thing i want to do it piece together a kit. I realize the P2 is virtually a RTR kit but i want everything pre-installed, OSC and FPV.

htownphantom said:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1021961-REG/dji_ready_to_fly_phantom_2_aerial.html
Thanks for that recommendation! That kit seems to be the most complete and reasonably priced of all the kits i've seen. And its nice to know a reputable store is selling it. I've seen other kits from DroneFly and HeliPal but i've also seen some undesirable reviews about their service. Customer service wins my business every time.

Any recommendations on Circular and Neutral Density Filters and filter mounts for the GoPro Black Edition?

anonymoususer said:
htownphantom said:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1021961-REG/dji_ready_to_fly_phantom_2_aerial.html
Thanks for that recommendation! That kit seems to be the most complete and reasonably priced of all the kits i've seen. And its nice to know a reputable store is selling it. I've seen other kits from DroneFly and HeliPal but i've also seen some undesirable reviews about their service. Customer service wins my business every time.

Any recommendations on Circular and Neutral Density Filters and filter mounts for the GoPro Black Edition?

Cant help you with the filters.I bought my phantom from B&H but havent needed any customer service from them but Ive had no problems

htownphantom said:
anonymoususer said:
htownphantom said:

Cant help you with the filters.I bought my phantom from B&H but havent needed any customer service from them but Ive had no problems

Have you talked or called DroneFly at all to get info from them? I buy all my products from them and they always have terrific customer service! Reading reviews that are negative without checking out a company for yourself is by no means a way to judge them. Especially with how well they work with their customers. So with that being said, check them out! Ph and they have very reasonable prices. Hope this helps!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31