Best training quad

Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased a P4P recently with no knowledge of drones and photography. Yeah, right on impulse and loving it.
I have couple of nano quads and a Syma X5C. The first nano was a foldable arm generic from Amazon with fpv, remote RC, and foldable arms:
RC Mini Drone LESHP RC Quadcopter RC Helicopter Toys Portable 6-AXIS RC Quadcopter FPV Foldable RC Mini Drone with WIFI 0.3MP Camera 2.4G 6-AXIS Transmitter Remote Controller Amazon.com: RC Mini Drone LESHP RC Quadcopter RC Helicopter Toys Portable 6-AXIS RC Quadcopter FPV Foldable RC Mini Drone with WIFI 0.3MP Camera 2.4G 6-AXIS Transmitter Remote Controller: Toys & Games

It was the worst nano and totally disappointed me. I thought it was me. Eventually one of the folding joints broke. Unless an all metal construction, folding arms are not a good idea.

I then bought a Syma X5C, It is very stable and easy to fly. A bit too big for indoors. I took it out a few times and there was a breeze. It is very light and easy to fly away. It kept going in the wrong direction for few seconds before it returned.

I then bought a Hubsan H002 from Banggood.com for $25! It's Hubsan H002 Nano Q4 With 720P HD Camera 2.4G 4CH 6Axis Headless Mode RC Quadcopter RTF
Banggood Mobile App Download
It's a true nano and it's amazing az how stable it is

What is your favorite practice quad ?

Meta4 I bought my P4P for $1200 on eBay, not realizing it's not an authorized dji seller and hence no warranty. I also don't have insurance. But agreed that flying a phantom is totally different.

Have to agree with Meta4, when I bought my first phantom, a PS3, I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed flying and learning the capabilities of the quad. I was annoyed at having spent so much money on planes, gliders, helos and small quads and having crashed most of them without advancing my skills (except for repairing them). I still have one small quad left that I learnt to fly atti mode on and the only reason I still have it is that it was the most durable of the 'fleet'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers