Best Thermal Imaging Platform under 10,000

Reaction score
Please post opinions / links on the best thermal imaging platform / cameras under 10,000 Cheaper is better...
Others have mentioned that samsung will have a thermal camera ready soon for the inspire 1. I would assume the Matrice will have a thermal camera available, but I have not seen one yet. I want to use a DJI platform with the best camera.

This would be for Search & Rescue.

Last edited:
A FLIR C2 would be fun to play with, I don't think it would suit search and rescue. I am sure you are looking for something to provide a live stream, yeah?

A guy in the UK made one.

That is in no way thermal! Its nothing bu a UV flood light and a removed UV filter on the camera. It can no longer be used in daylight without adding a UV filter back. Cheap.. Yes. Functional for anything?? Nope. A white flood light would have been much more functional.

Strap an old iphone or android to the quad. Figuring out real time FPV might be an issue. From android you might be able to broadcast the screen to a monitor. Lag might be an issue.

http://www.thermal.com/thermal-cameras/

I am in the process of doing this option to my matrix. I have the phone/thermal imager mount designed and 3d printed, but ran into an issue with shou in that it needs the android phone to be rooted and there is not yet a root for the Samsung s5 ATT yet.

I am in the process of doing this option to my matrix. I have the phone/thermal imager mount designed and 3d printed, but ran into an issue with shou in that it needs the android phone to be rooted and there is not yet a root for the Samsung s5 ATT yet.
The S5 was rooted within weeks of its release. Its now a year plus old. Where are you looking for a root?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1