Best "smart" device for LB viewing?

Reaction score
So I finally found a Lightbridge and I'm wondering what smart device/ tablet would be best for viewing. I have a Black Pearl 7" LCD currently and I like the size so a smartphone just wont do I think b/c they're so small. Anyone have a favorite android device that's nice and bright?

shaunmed said:
So I finally found a Lightbridge and I'm wondering what smart device/ tablet would be best for viewing. I have a Black Pearl 7" LCD currently and I like the size so a smartphone just wont do I think b/c they're so small. Anyone have a favorite android device that's nice and bright?

In the absence of an iOS app, I'm using the 2nd generation Nexus 7. Seems to work well, has a bright screen, is apparently now on the compatible list, and is the cheapest of the pure Android devices that I could find.

if people could just start naming off the devices they use with a asmall description of if it works or if it works well would be helpfull, we can tabulate a list of tested devices. I am about to install it on my P2 but need a dam android device. (iOS user.)

I am hoping the new samsung galaxy tab S with the super amoled display will be OK to use, which should give great pictures !?

:p

Haze said:
if people could just start naming off the devices they use with a asmall description of if it works or if it works well would be helpfull, we can tabulate a list of tested devices. I am about to install it on my P2 but need a dam android device. (iOS user.)

I have tried Nexus 7 2nd gen., and the picture is very good. The lag (latency) is poor though, at 430 ms. For comparison, HDMI out gives around 220 ms lag, and my iPad 4 shows around 240 ms (IIRC). I've seen a report that the latest iPads are down around 225 ms, which presumably is approaching the theoretical limit of the HDMI feed. I have seen no data reported for any other Android devices, so it would be interesting to see if the Samsung is faster.

shaunmed said:

I haven't bought the LB yet but seriously thinking about it and if I was you I would wait for the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S with the super amoled screen which is supposed to be stunning ! Thats what im waiting for and I have an ipad mini retina, nexus 7 2013, samsung galaxy tab3 8"............ :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl