Best setup options for smooth gimbal movements

Reaction score
Hi people. In my last fly I tried tripod mode and is very useful, the slow down movements are interesting to record video, but I didn't see that the camera and gimbal movements do the same. I feel "rude" when turn the wheel of the gimbal up & down (basically tripod mode don't change the gimbal sensitivity).

Which configuration is recommended to make smooth movements of the gimbal? In my old P3A I lowered the gimbal speed, but I see more settings in P4P...

Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

You can adjust the gimbal speed settings in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Gimbal-Speed-Settings.jpg

Try decreasing the "Gimbal Pitch Exp" to slow down the gimbal tilt speed. And, increase the "Gimbal Pitch Smoothness" to make the gimbal slowly come to a complete stop. You'll need to experiment to figure out which settings work best for you.

Try decreasing the "Gimbal Pitch Exp" to slow down the gimbal tilt speed. And, increase the "Gimbal Pitch Smoothness" to make the gimbal slowly come to a complete stop. You'll need to experiment to figure out which settings work best for you.
Thank you msinger! I will decrease the Gimbal Pitch EXP and increase the Gimbal Pitch Smoothness. You will recommend enable Synchronized Gimbal Pan Follow? Because I'm not sure if it's good for the gimbal of P4P turn left or right (it's a little movement, but it is), and with the smooth moves of the tripod mode, maybe these option don't give me more "butter smooth" footage...

What do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

I have that setting turned off. Try turning it on/off and compare the difference.

Just a quick newbie question: are the gimbal settings in DJI Go app stored on AC/controler, or they are just in-app preferences?
Example: if I change gimbal speed/smoothness in DJI Go, do those changes affect the behavior of gimbal in Litchi (manual mode)?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mix_
My gimbal moves left to right (sideways) intead of up and down.
How do I fix this isuue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20