Best settings for GoPro 3 Black edition?

Reaction score
Hi,
Hopefully a GoPro 3 Black edition will be winging its way to me tomorrow. :) For the moment I will be just using the standard mount but hope to go for a gimbal when funds allow. I have read that it is best to film at a faster speed and slow it down in post production. So looking at the details online would that be 1080p (60 fps)? I use Premier Elements 10 for PP. Should I import it as 60fps or 25fps? I remember when I was trying to get slow motion from my Panasonic GH2 never figuring out quite how to do it!
I also have read a ND filter is needed so you can get better less jello results. Plus balancing the props and flying in Attitude mode all help. Any other tips?

cheers

1080p @ 60fps is a favourite mode especially for nice slow motion. You import at 60fps and export at 25fps (Pal) or 24fps (NTSC). That way it slows the video down smoothly. 1920 x 1440 @ 48fps is best for FPV flight.
Premiere elements is a good package but if you want quick and simple the GoPro Cinestudio that is free is really good since they made some tweaks... simple, quick and affective. It is limited of course but you really can make some good footage with it now.
Jello is a common talking point. Personally I have found that balancing the propsand using the heavier waterproof GoPro housing works best... props is key though. I think the best bet is to try it out and find out what works for you. Attitude mode is a smoother ride as less interference from the NAZA.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj