Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best replacement battery for P2+v3

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by JDNC, Sep 10, 2015.

1. JDNC

I give up after combing through threads about batteries. Currently what battery is recommended for replacing my P2 V+ v3 battery. The one I have is a DJI 5200 temp range=0C-60C at 90% life. It's still ok but I think I need another. Any after market batteries ok? Limefuel, Venom, etc.? My phantom is running 3.08 firmware.

Thanks

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

While there are many 3rd party and/or knock off DJI batteries, I prefer to use OEM DJI batteries. If you go that route, make sure you are buying a legit battery from Amazon, eBay, or DJI directly.

If you want to try a 3rd party battery, Limefuel is the way to go.

#2 msinger, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. JDNC

Thanks, I purchased a DJI battery from one of the Amazon links but I would like an alternative source as I don't think DJI will continue to have P2 Vision batteries in the future. If they do, how will we know how old they are.

4. Mako79

Try Limefuel.
    I have the 5400 Venoms with the LCD.
    I got rid of 4 out 5 DJI OEM batteries. I kept 1 to use for updates. I don't know if I was unlucky or I cant read the f'n manual but all mine failed. 2 puffed up and 3 had early-landing issues.
    4 had the 2.6 firmware (which was pulled). I kept them stored at 50-60% and did the 20 @ 8% battery recalibration. They lasted an average of 30 cycles each.
    What I don't like is the DJI warranty - 3 months for batteries. If you buy more batteries, you span out your usage by cycling and hence failure is after the warranty has lapsed.

5. JDNC

Just curious, why you suggest trying Limefuel. Are you not happy with your Venoms?

Thanks, JD

6. Mako79

Because i cant get them in aus. I have to pay premium for delivery. Best was venoms.

#6 Mako79, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  7. CapnBob

I still have my original 2 5200mah dji batteries, and I purchased the Limefuel 6000mah when they first came out. No problems with either (touch wood), but the djis seem to be developing a slight swell. What I don't know is if the Limefuel has implemented the auto-discharge feature in their firmware. At 2/3s the price ($100) and 12X the warranty(12 months) I would recommend Limefuel.

8. JDNC

Today I received the DJI 5200 I ordered from the above Amazon link. I had read that the temp range of the newer DJI batteries had changed from 0C-60C to 0C-40C but this battery was 0C-60C as my first. I charged it today and flew until 30% then landed. So far so good!