Best range you have gotten with P3S?

Thank you for this! Very useful info! Gonna get all the parts together and get to work:)
Just take your time and you won't have any problems . If ya need any pictures I might have some and good luck :)

Reactions: SZNJ732
3608feet in city with windsurfer

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3/20/2016... DJI P3P.....Flight Total Time 20m 29 seconds......Travel Distance: 30686 feet.........Max Height: 336feet

P3P? OP is asking for best range with a standard.
Caught that did ya ;)
Let me say this to all too . Words are cheap in here as most of you know .Show what ya did with this 3.04 miles.PNG
Then there's no doubt . :)

I got over 7100' flying at about 110' in elevation, with a home made windsurfer before i started getting weak signal. Didnt completely lose signal though, so I figure I couldve gotten a few more hundred feet.
What model of ps3 do you have. Did you lose video signal at that range? I have got 3500 feet stock or .6 mile before i lost signal of just transmitter, still had video. I have a windsurfer that I have yet to install. At 3000 feet you cant see it, not sure if I want to fly it further with out video. If you do lose video, does it still show on google maps where and what direction you are pointed? thanks for your help.

Reactions: bunkphenomenon
Usually if you lose video/WiFi connection with your bird, you also lose all data- distance, speed, orientation, map etc.
There were a few times where i lost video at 1,500', but had good RC signal and kept going, got to about 3500 then called RTH.
Got home safely, but its really not a fun or safe way to fly...
it looks like a lot of newer model P3S get much better stock distance than older models. My stock P3S would max out at 1500'. Now there are reports of people flying 10,000'+ stock with just a windsurfer...

What model of ps3 do you have. Did you lose video signal at that range? I have got 3500 feet stock or .6 mile before i lost signal of just transmitter, still had video. I have a windsurfer that I have yet to install. At 3000 feet you cant see it, not sure if I want to fly it further with out video. If you do lose video, does it still show on google maps where and what direction you are pointed? thanks for your help.
I have a P3 Standard.
I didnt lose video signal, but it started to get choppy. My WiFi was getting intermittent "Weak Signal" msg. I still had telemetry (Alt, Distance, Orientation) data when the choppy video and weak signal was showing.
I try to keep from losing complete signal (I turn back and head to the homepoint), but a few times I completely lost signal, no video, no WiFi, no telemetry, and the Phantom would just initiate RTH and I would eventually get signal back.
3500 feet stock is pretty good for the Standard. Let me know how your windsurfer works out for you.

Stock with surfer 9268ft. ARGtek on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31