Best Propellers

Reaction score
Hey; list what you think is the best and worst propellers out there. may help others {like me for one} save time and money with buying junk. thanks

Touch wood I have not needed to change any props. But if I did I would only buy original DJI props. They are cheap and IMHO it's not worth the risk saving a few quid buying something else.

d4ddyo said:
I'm getting these:

http://www.acesdeals.biz/apps/webstore/ ... ow/4618386

Pre-balanced. don't forget to get self locking nuts from them too.

I know nothing about those propellers but they're going to be the awful. They took a mold of the stock blade and then used it to make a CF copy. That's a really bad idea for all sorts of reasons. They claim the flex in the stock blades causes jello and these rigid ones won't. Pretty sure it's just the opposite. You risk crashing with these. That's how bad they are.

To answer the OP's question, the best propellers are... wait for it... the stock ones. Made by DJI. Even the knock off ones that look like the stock ones aren't nearly as good. DJI did their homework on the P2 props. Use 'em.

I was under the impression that the stock props were too flexible. where is a good place to pick up spares ( not nock offs)

shamp said:
I was under the impression that the stock props were too flexible. where is a good place to pick up spares ( not nock offs)
Not true. And, are you looking for 8" Phantom 1.X "Rotors", or the newer 9.3? " Vision props, w/nuts? Stock, bolt-on rotors are the best. However, you will need to balance them. I have the DJI Vision props w/nuts on my Phantom 1.2, and they work great. 40% more "prop"=more flight time, and the aircraft goes much faster, with less power, win/win situation. But, if you install on a Phantom 1.x, you will need to go through the thread on how to adjust your gains.
IMHO, I wouldn't touch a carbon fiber prop-period. 1 crash, and shards of glass are going everywhere. Also, because of their stiffness, there is a possibility that if you tip-over or crash, it could ruin your motor(I've heard of this happening twice now).

Avoid the E-bay knock-offs, unless you know how to balance.
Stock DJI props are the best.....don't save a few dollars, when you have over a grand flying on those four, 10cent pieces of plastic.

I've gotten so much flight time on my Vision props(never crashed or tipped over), that I have to wipe the bugs off of them. Otherwise, I never take them off.

ianwood said:
To answer the OP's question, the best propellers are... wait for it... the stock ones. Made by DJI. Even the knock off ones that look like the stock ones aren't nearly as good. DJI did their homework on the P2 props. Use 'em.

havasuphoto said:
Stock DJI props are the best.....don't save a few dollars, when you have over a grand flying on those four, 10cent pieces of plastic.

+1 from me. I'd never put my expensive P2 at risk for the sake of a couple of quid. DJI Props are the only props you should be using.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj