Best prop guards for flying in a mine

Reaction score
No doubt covered before but fresh advice welcome!

I am lucky enough to have the chance of flying in a huge mineral mine. The tunnels are big enough to drive 3 double decker buses side by side.
I am not just worried about sideways collisions but also hitting the roof. Do prop guards protect from the top as well?
My main worry about fitting them is disturbing the screws and then ending up with stress cracks!

Nope they won't help you from the top.

I don't think disturbing the screws would cause a crack unless you over-torqued them.

I am lucky enough to have the chance of flying in a huge mineral mine. The tunnels are big enough to drive 3 double decker buses side by side.
I am not just worried about sideways collisions but also hitting the roof. Do prop guards protect from the top as well?
My main worry about fitting them is disturbing the screws and then ending up with stress cracks!
Nope, pretty sure flying in a mineral mine hasn't been covered.

Reactions: Oso and Wibble
It's all indoors. Won't help at all. Props are cheap so no need to worry. Still would not want a crash.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why do you have to fly if you can't go higher than, say, 3 m? Can't you just hold the AC up and walk or drive?

Isnt this exactly the reason the VPS is for?
But vps only covers the ground. Not the ceiling. It would be fine in a mine. But being its so dark. Might want to put a head light on it.

This doesn't mention guard coverage from above, but your post reminded me of this thread from about a year ago.
Flying Indoors Clarification

Reactions: JoBe
But vps only covers the ground. Not the ceiling. It would be fine in a mine. But being its so dark. Might want to put a head light on it.

And perhaps also a light facing down to assist the VPS which works better in a well lit environment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl