Best Prop Balancer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was hoping to get opinions on what the best, and preferably cheapest, prop balancer people use.

Pros and Cons, or just "I have this one, and I like it"

Cheers

I have and used both the top flite magnetic and the Dubro. Both have pros and cons but the DuBro is easier to use. It gets you 95% balanced, and you're done. Every time.

The magnetic one has the friction free shaft to potentially let you reach 100%, but you'll never get there because at that point the balancer's cones affect the balance and you'll constantly be sanding one blade or the other, and each time you put it back on the balancer the way the cones are facing will throw off the reading.

ElGuano said:
I have and used both the top flite magnetic and the Dubro. Both have pros and cons but the DuBro is easier to use. It gets you 95% balanced, and you're done. Every time.

The magnetic one has the friction free shaft to potentially let you reach 100%, but you'll never get there because at that point the balancer's cones affect the balance and you'll constantly be sanding one blade or the other, and each time you put it back on the balancer the way the cones are facing will throw off the reading.

+1

If the Dubro costs a little much for you, you can engineer a similar solution that works on the same principles. However, this is one of the investments that will pay off in the long run...I've gotten well over my money's worth out of it.

The self tightening props present a problem for regular store bought balancers. If you happen to own a Tap and Die set the handles on the tap driver are threaded CW and CCW and just so happen to fit the props. I polished up the handles really well and use my IPHONE balance app to get the orientation and level correct on a small diameter shot glass. Sorry, I know its so Macgyver but it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers