Best programme to edit footage

Reaction score
Recently bought a vision plus got some great footage but looking for advice on a programme to use with either an iPad or a windows PC to it the footage and *** music and things too it.

Cheers

Easiest free one is Windows Movie Maker.

I also just got the P2V+ and have some practice video, nothing good except for the 30MPH crash. I was wondering the same thing except I am going to “ADD” music to mine. :D

I installed Windows movie maker for Windows 7 and it will not upload the MP4 files I am making. Am I doing something wrong?

WMM won't read MP4 files in the more recent Windows versions. You'll need to convert them to a compatible format first.

Sony Vegas for pc
Pinnacle for Ipad

Multi Track, Multi Effect, Color correction, Stabilization, etc out of the box :)

I prefer Pinnacle Studio for iPad. Way better than iMovie or Movie Maker or any of those other poor substitutes for a real NLE app. It's inexpensive and easy to learn and VERY powerful. Don't waste your time messing around......get it and make great videos today.

I also prefer Pinnicle Studio for I Pad. I have worked with most of them and find Pinnicle to be the easiest and yet detailed.

Red Dog Rob said:
I installed Windows movie maker for Windows 7 and it will not upload the MP4 files I am making. Am I doing something wrong?

Well, I've looked into it because I loaded the .MP4 files into WMM (Windows 7) with no issue at all. Apparently, depending on what other software you have installed on your pc, the MP4 files may import into WMM or they may not. Guess I was lucky. I read that someone who had installed a free converter program called Format Factory was not completely successful in converting the file, but then discovered that their Windows Movie Maker started being able to import all .MP4 files with no problem. My guess is the Format Factory program had installed some needed video codec files that made importing .MP4 files possible. But I can't vouch for any of this as I only read it.

+1 GoPro Studio

singapore_phantom said:
Thanks for that Mapmaker. Can you tell me which Windows version you're using?

Cheers.

The laptop is running Windows 7. It's my daughter's laptop and I can't recall if it is a Win7 "Home" or Win7 "Professional" package but I will check today when I get home.

Yup, WMM plays MP4 files fine in Win7. All Windows versions after that, they removed this format from WMM. You now need to convert the file first to play it.

MapMaker53 said:
singapore_phantom said:
Thanks for that Mapmaker. Can you tell me which Windows version you're using?

Cheers.

The laptop is running Windows 7. It's my daughter's laptop and I can't recall if it is a Win7 "Home" or Win7 "Professional" package but I will check today when I get home.

Daughter's laptop is running Windows 7 Home Premium -- if that matters. Might have come with needed codec already installed.

I use Sony Vegas 11 HD, it was a little overwhelming at first, but after using it, I wouldn't go back to Windows Movie Maker. It does an awesome job of rendering if you set it right. Lots of tuts on YouTube..

Wow, I don't like any of the programs mentioned here. I teach video editing and the programs I recommend to my students (simply for power, yet simplicity) is either Sony Vegas Pro (preferred) or Sony Movie Studio. Cheap and couldn't be easier to learn.

Dave

My editor of choice is Adobe Premiere Pro. Its expensive unless you are a student or teacher (big discounts for them). But there is little if anything it cannot do in the editing and creation of videos.

For the money MAGIX is not bad
The trial version shows a "Created by Magix Fastcut" ad the end of the exported video.. When you buy Fastcut do you still get the Fastcut advertisement at the end of the video when you export it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj