Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best Practise for discharging batteries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hughie, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Hughie

When you get to every 20th cycle of your batteries what method do you use for discharging ?

Leaving the quad turned on does not seem particularly quick way of doing it. I guess I could get a headlight bulb or something, but wondered if those who have done this lots of times had refined the process they use ?

Thanks.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Here's what the DJI manual recommends:

3. Hughie

Thank you for posting.
    I think the fast method may have been superseded by critical battery level, but I tend to do the slow method anyhow.

I just wondered if anyone was doing anything different, such as driving a load (e.g. car headlight or high power resistor pack), and if so if there was anything to be gained from it.

4. Larry L

There was a post a while back about using resistors & it worked pretty good. As far as flying, when mine need to be done, I am going to land right before & have someone help me. I will hover & hold it until it is too low to run any more. Then I will take battery out & turn it on until it dies.
    There was also a post about putting a 2x4 across legs & doing the same thing. To me I feel more comfortable holding it than putting something over legs & running it.

5. Happyflyer