Best Practise for discharging batteries

Reaction score
When you get to every 20th cycle of your batteries what method do you use for discharging ?

Leaving the quad turned on does not seem particularly quick way of doing it. I guess I could get a headlight bulb or something, but wondered if those who have done this lots of times had refined the process they use ?

Thanks.

Here's what the DJI manual recommends:
Discharging methods:

Slow: Place battery in Phantom and turn on. Leave on until there is less than 8% of power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on. See DJI VISION App for battery levels. Motors do not need to be turned on, reducing wear.

Fast: Fly the Phantom outdoors until there is less than 8% of power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on

msinger said:
Discharging methods:

Slow: Place battery in Phantom and turn on. Leave on until there is less than 8% of power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on. See DJI VISION App for battery levels. Motors do not need to be turned on, reducing wear.

Fast: Fly the Phantom outdoors until there is less than 8% of power left or until the battery can no longer be turned on
Thank you for posting.
I think the fast method may have been superseded by critical battery level, but I tend to do the slow method anyhow.

I just wondered if anyone was doing anything different, such as driving a load (e.g. car headlight or high power resistor pack), and if so if there was anything to be gained from it.

Hughie said:
msinger said:
Discharging methods:

Thank you for posting.
I think the fast method may have been superseded by critical battery level, but I tend to do the slow method anyhow.

I just wondered if anyone was doing anything different, such as driving a load (e.g. car headlight or high power resistor pack), and if so if there was anything to be gained from it.
There was a post a while back about using resistors & it worked pretty good. As far as flying, when mine need to be done, I am going to land right before & have someone help me. I will hover & hold it until it is too low to run any more. Then I will take battery out & turn it on until it dies.
There was also a post about putting a 2x4 across legs & doing the same thing. To me I feel more comfortable holding it than putting something over legs & running it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj