Best post-processing service

Reaction score
I have a customer request for a 3D map AND volume calculations of some.. piles in the area. I have a P4 and i am going to use the pix4d or Altizure app (Android) to do the initial capturing.

I have tried Maps Made Easy, pix4D and Altizure and all of them are having issues. I have been using Altizure for my captures and creations of 3D maps and I must say that the still are the winners of the ones i've been testing.

I have spent this evening trying Maps Made Easy..
1. The 3D looks like c**p. Reminding me of an twisted alien moon landscape (Test1 by KRWaara - 3D model) when Altizure is giving a 3D with grass, forests, hills as they look irl (Kavaheden Yta 4).

2. I cannot find any tools available.
3. Let alone possibility to calculate volume.
4. The created map is off line when overlayed on top of Google Earth..
snip.PNG

Now to my question:
Which web service can give me nice 3D:s and a possibility to do volume calculations of these... piles of something, DSM and Orthophotos. Which services have I missed and should try out?
The price isn't a big issue. I'm looking for Quality of Service, fast up-, and download and a fast support..

Last edited:
Now to my question:
Which web service can give me nice 3D:s and a possibility to do volume calculations of these... piles of something, DSM and Orthophotos. Which services have I missed and should try out?
The price isn't a big issue. I'm looking for Quality of Service, fast up-, and download and a fast support..
Dronedeploy and Datamapper might be worth a look.

Dronedeploy and Datamapper might be worth a look.
Thanks for the tip!
As theitr free accoint is rather limited I mailed Drone Deploy with a request for a "Try before You Buy" - account. Although the price isn't important it's still US$ 99 for one month subscription.

Use Agisoft photoscan. I've tried all the websites you're talking about, but have found that the best option and the cheapest option is to use Agisoft Photo Scan

Use Agisoft photoscan. I've tried all the websites you're talking about, but have found that the best option and the cheapest option is to use Agisoft Photo Scan

I took a look at the Software. Looks nice. I can also sense a steeper learning curve here. I found lots of tutorials out there. Do you know which one i should download?

Does the software support volume calculations from 3D:s?

I took a look at the Software. Looks nice. I can also sense a steeper learning curve here. I found lots of tutorials out there. Do you know which one i should download?

Well... There are two versions: One Standard version and one Professional version. Which one have you tried?
The Pro-version is a bit... expensive. The Standard version seems affordable, but can I achieve what I want with this version?
DSM
Orthophoto
3D presentations
Volume measurements fro 3D:s (Or orthophotos)
KML-export possibilities, maybe?

The map looks fine on Altizure Earth.
altizure also has 3D measurements.

altizure seems to be what you need. So whats missing?

I have a customer request for a 3D map AND volume calculations of some.. piles in the area. I have a P4 and i am going to use the pix4d or Altizure app (Android) to do the initial capturing.

I have tried Maps Made Easy, pix4D and Altizure and all of them are having issues. I have been using Altizure for my captures and creations of 3D maps and I must say that the still are the winners of the ones i've been testing.

I have spent this evening trying Maps Made Easy..
1. The 3D looks like c**p. Reminding me of an twisted alien moon landscape (Test1 by KRWaara - 3D model) when Altizure is giving a 3D with grass, forests, hills as they look irl (Kavaheden Yta 4).

2. I cannot find any tools available.
3. Let alone possibility to calculate volume.
4. The created map is off line when overlayed on top of Google Earth..
snip.PNG

Now to my question:

Hi

I am really urgently need some info, the SACAA has requested proof of a ICASA radio lic for the P4 or proof that a application has been lodge, does anyone know if this is available and how I can get my hand on this.

ICASA type approval certificat for the RPA's and the controllers

The map looks fine on Altizure Earth.
altizure also has 3D measurements.

altizure seems to be what you need. So whats missing?

I have been using Altizure for the past two years now, but recently I've noticed some problems with their support. It takes ages to get a reply, and the forum seems dead, or at least, barely alive, and lots of postings are in Chinese which is a bit tricky to understand. The volume calculations seems also shaky. There are examples on their site (How to make 3D measurements? - Support | Altizure. Measurement 0, Just above "Disclaimer") which demonstrates how to make measurements in the "Studio" and one of these examples is presenting a volume (371 m^3) when measuring a tennis court. Which is a bit odd...

The misalignment has been a bit of a problem the past year, and when I've mailed them about it they are just saying that "Our service is correct, Google Earth is wrong". What do I reply to that? I would love to get some kind of information/arguments on why, but nothing..

The up-, and download from Europe takes hours even though I have some 20 30 MBits up/downspeed.

But I still like Altizure, and If they can set up a Server in Europe and fix all issues I'm going to stay.

I compared Dronedeploy with Altizure on volume calculations. I a pile of waste I used and the result of the calculations were a bit surprising. As i was able to rotate the pile (Altizure) i could get all measurements from the pile to make my own calculations. See below.

Testpile:
Altizure gave me 1222 m^3 and DroneDeploy 241 m^3
Manual calculation: 1246 m^3
On exactly the same pile.
I used the same set of captured images to build the 3D/Orthomap in both services/sites.

I've mailed Dronedeploy with a question on how their measurement can be so much off. No reply as of this morning.. Something in their attityde towards me is telling me not to expect any answers, I'm afraid to say. I've had mail convesations with them trying to get a Pro trial, but as I had a trial month last summer they wouldn't give me another try. No way.
So I used another mail adress to create a new user.

For what it's worth.

R

Last edited:

Yes, and all the tutorials on the webside is nice to have :)

Yes, and all the tutorials on the webside is nice to have :)

Thanks for your input. I downloaded a cracked version just to try it out. Pro 1.3.0, or something.
It worked well, but my poor laptop ha a hard night generating the 3D. It took some 7 hours.. Which indicates that I mus get myself a muscle-computer. Which will cost me another 2000++ Euros, let alone the cost of the software..

I'll have to do some calculations. I'm using Altizure today. Dronedeploy is out due to above described problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20