Best place to repair my crashed p2?

Reaction score
I hit a lightpole and the p2 came falling down. What is the best place to fix it? The gimbal cracked in half and a motor is bent.. What a great way to start off this year.

PhantomPilots said:
I hit a lightpole and the p2 came falling down. What is the best place to fix it? The gimbal cracked in half and a motor is bent.. What a great way to start off this year.

Sorry dude... That sucks.

I'm assuming you're not comfortable soldering? I'm sure that others on here will have ideas of where to send it to get it fixed... But I haven't seen to many who have said it's a quick turn-around...

The gimbal is easy to replace... But depending on what you mean the motor is bent could be trickier and involve soldering.

What do you mean by the motor is bent? Is it the actual motor or the arm of the quad?

The arm of the phantom is bent. Do I have to replace the entire gimbal since the gimbal was cracked in half? I was searching on UAVdirect which is near me in Texas, or dronefly, ushobby, etc... I just want this thing back in the air as soon as possible.

I am going to stick to UAV direct then. Thanks for the input. BTW, how much money do you think it would cost to get my p2 fixed?

PhantomPilots said:
The arm of the phantom is bent. Do I have to replace the entire gimbal since the gimbal was cracked in half? I was searching on UAVdirect which is near me in Texas, or dronefly, ushobby, etc... I just want this thing back in the air as soon as possible.

I don't know if you have to replace the whole gimbal... I have the 3d-hd and I know there aren't many user replaceable parts in that one.

If you're not comfortable pulling things apart, then I would send it out.

I would like to hear how any of these repair places are as there are some repairs I am ok with (mechanical stuff) but some make me nervous (like extensive soldering).

I have found that the best place to repair them happens to be the kitchen counter. :) But others might find the kitchen table is a good place also. lol :)

dirkclod said:
They not cheap but are a DJI service center so they should have what you should need . Call them and go to EXT 6016 and talk to Eric as he can tell ya right then,that's who I deal with :D
Just placed an order with them! Thanks!

PhantomPilots said:
I didn't see anyone mention it, but if one of the arms is bent, then I highly recommend you replace the shell. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It will make it that much harder for your P2 to remain stable- may even be impossible, and the chance of crashing will be greatly higher.

The good news is that replacement shells are not that expensive (I think around$70), the other bad news is they take some work (and soldering to replace).

The other bad news is that you probably will have to replace the gimbal, if it is cracked, and you mentioned a motor is bent. This is not as serious as the bent arm (in terms of crash danger), and you could try it and see how it works first (assuming you can repair the crack so it's usable), but I would not give it much hope.

Also, keep in mind that by the time you send out for repairs, with the cost of repairs and parts (and minus what you can sell your damaged unit for - because it does have value), you might be approaching the price of a new one.

Should have kept my eyes opened On The forums today but was putting together
Two phantoms and four gimbals.
I fix them too and located in Minnesota.
If you need any help in the future let me know.

hunch said:
Should have kept my eyes opened On The forums today but was putting together
Two phantoms and four gimbals.
I fix them too and located in Minnesota.
If you need any help in the future let me know.
Will do!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20