Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Best place to install The video Transmitter

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by RUSHNREADY DJI, Mar 27, 2014.

1. RUSHNREADY DJI

Hi there i have just recently installed my immersionRC fatsharks video transmitter pointing out the back of my Phantom with the arial bent pointing down now some one said I will get black spots when returning home with it ? Is this a big problem to be honest i am not likely to be sending it of as far as it can go any time soon and will not be making a habit of it what is your thoughts on this thanks

2. chopperflyer

Should have no problem's but, fit it and see what you get, if it stuck to the outside of the model it will be easy to remove and put some where else.

3. tawd77

I think out the back and bent down has had mixed results. I think the gimbal tends to interfere when returning home. I try to get the antenna as low as possible, and I have it offset to one side. I have had solid video out to 2000 meters, and had to turn back because Im a weenie...

4. hook3m

After doing several flight tests, I found the best Tx antenna position is out to the side and not the back.

We all have your phone number now Tawd77. :p Might want to blur that out.

5. tawd77

lol, Pic removed.. Not sure what people will use my number for, but its gone now. :)

6. hook3m

You won a free cruise to the Bahamas Tawd77. I just need a credit card number to cover the taxes. :D

7. RUSHNREADY DJI

Lol ok i wil lmove it i have not flown it yet this is what happened after I had fitted everything I had Replaced a connection upside down(as this is the way it looks like it was supposed to fit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcGJ6SdQxVY

So i returned home with my tail in-between my legs not having tried it out lol

8. RUSHNREADY DJI

is this better

Attached Files:

9. hook3m

I personally think that's the best position. Try it out and see how you like it.