Best Place to get 333 exemption?!

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here on these forums and im excited to see such a community like this thriving! I know there are already 10 billion questions about the 333 exemption but I have one that maybe some of you can help me out with. I was wondering where would be the best place to get the 333 exemption from? As in which company did you pay to help you file it, or did you just do it yourself? Im looking around online and have narrowed my search to what looks like a good place to get it through. However, the cost will be around $800, and with me already dishing out the 5k to obtain my sports pilot license, id like to keep the cost as low as possible. Im mainly looking for the fastest way to get it through. Any help would be much appreciated!

Reactions: scholls22
If you're just submitting a petition for exemption, the fastest/cheapest way would be to download a similar exemption from the link below and replace the company/mission specific information with your company/mission information.

Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions

Reactions: Milo223
Crash check your PM box in about 5 minutes and let me know. :)

Reactions: Lance Geren
If you're just submitting a petition for exemption, the fastest/cheapest way would be to download a similar exemption from the link below and replace the company/mission specific information with your company/mission information.

Authorizations Granted Via Section 333 Exemptions
This is exactly how I did it too. No need to pay for a lawyer or service if you're following an already approved petition. Now if only the FAA would allow for an online application that didn't need to be independently verified. Make the whole process electronic for a small fee. The lead time on these exemptions is getting out of hand.

I've skimmed most of the 1600 petitions so far and the majority of them are written by the applicant, about 5% are done with a hired attorney and the rest are done for corporations by an in-house attorney.

This is exactly how I did it too. No need to pay for a lawyer or service if you're following an already approved petition. Now if only the FAA would allow for an online application that didn't need to be independently verified. Make the whole process electronic for a small fee. The lead time on these exemptions is getting out of hand.

About how long is the wait time at now?

The best way to tell is just to get on rules.gov and sort the approved exemption by date. Look at a few to see the submission date. I'm seeing 4-5 months for new 333 and 2-3 months for amending.

They are "Estimating" 120 days. For some reason a few get passed through much quicker but I suspect they "know someone" or something.

I appears the FAA is processing stuff submitted in mid July, 2015

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445560647.071296.jpg

Seems like they are behind, I'm sure they are overwhelmed or taking there time... Who knows,?

Reactions: fly_it
Be patient. FAA honors the 120 day period for approval (or disapproval). I sent my request based on similar petitions as stated on msinger's post. I submitted mine on July 24th 2015. On October 21 (2days ago), it was posted for comments on regulations.gov. Having said that it should take another month or so. So at this very moment I am working on tail number for the bird. I guess I'll be thanking the FAA on Thanksgiving week or so (fingers crossed)!

Be patient. FAA honors the 120 day period for approval (or disapproval). I sent my request based on similar petitions as stated on msinger's post. I submitted mine on July 24th 2015. On October 21 (2days ago), it was posted for comments on regulations.gov. Having said that it should take another month or so. So at this very moment I am working on tail number for the bird. I guess I'll be thanking the FAA on Thanksgiving week or so (fingers crossed)!
I submitted my 333 paper work a few days later - getting close - I'll keep checking

Reactions: richardseguro
I submitted mine on July 17th and got approved last week.

Just do it yourself. Most of them are copy and paste with a few edits. Thats all I did. :)

Reactions: Squirrel!
They are "Estimating" 120 days. For some reason a few get passed through much quicker but I suspect they "know someone" or something.
Yes, they know something - they read the petition requirements and the FAA doesn't have to ask for and wait for additional information.

Question for those that already received 333 exemption:

My submission is already posted by the FAA on www.regulations.gov for public comments since 10/21/2015.

Does anyone here knows how long does regulation.gov takes in comments period.

I have looked everywhere but it does no say any specifics. I am assuming about 30 days.

Any thoughts appreciated!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic