Best place to buy Vision + ?

Reaction score
What is the best website to buy the Vision Plus? I was going to purchase from BH Photo but if anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears!

No better place. Buy from B&H. Great return policy and support.

If you're in the US, I might suggest Amazon, too.

They don't have the same unit + battery deal that DJI offers and B&H has adopted, but I've always had a great experience with them, even when something isn't shipped quite right (like my last spare battery, which they replaced and told me not to bother with the 'hassle' of packing the old one for return). And if you're a Prime member, that's free 2-Day (which sometimes is next day, depending on how close you live to a distribution center) shipping.

swankster988 said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JLTO9OO?cache=a5bb90383968d9a727aa32fa4190cb62&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1408919185&sr=8-3#ref=mp_s_a_1_3

Actually they do have the same deal. I am a prime member but I also order a lot from BH. I've spent over 15k on my camera equipment from them. I did read that amazon is really good with return policy though.

That one isn't sold directly from Amazon, and doesn't allow for Prime shipping (which is one of the big draws to buying from Amazon, at least for me).
Having said that, at least it's DDM, who seem to be active on here :)

Adorama camera in NY was selling the single battery kit for $1199 a few weeks ago. You have to call and order by phone. Ebay price is higher. Free shipping and no tax unless you live in NY.

swankster988 said:
Interesting.... where do you see that option? Has anyone had experience with 4 year warranty on damage?

From what I can tell, this is the warranty that they offer on CAMERA damage. I highly doubt they will honor this on the phantom. There is a very specific type of damage that they will cover. All other damage will not. I have to think that hurtling through the air at 30 mph and crashing will not be paid out. I think you will be out $80 if you get this insurance plan.

Well... one of the reviews said they were able to get a check for the full purchase.
Another one said that when they called to ask, the company claimed they wouldn't honor it for the whole unit.

So really the only way we're going to know is if we have to use it, and I don't wish that on anyone. :)

Morgon said:
Well... one of the reviews said they were able to get a check for the full purchase.
Another one said that when they called to ask, the company claimed they wouldn't honor it for the whole unit.

So really the only way we're going to know is if we have to use it, and I don't wish that on anyone. :)

You might want to read this review:

"I purchased this policy for a DJI Phantom Vision + after it was offered during the Amazon checkout process. After registering the product and receiving the T&Cs I realized the policy was completely useless. Terms like 'only valid for cameras used inside the home' and an accidental damage coverage that doesn't include dropping or water damage left me wondering what handheld or portable camera products this would possibly be useful for. Fortunately after reporting to Amazon a refund was processed immediately."

No, I know. I read that.
But there's the other review from someone who claimed he had to use it, and they honored it.

Nobody would just blatantly lie on the internet, would they?! :p
Right now I'm considering it a YMMV item. I may pursue a refund with Amazon (and use it towards another battery?), or I might hold onto it and consider it a good-luck charm. *shrugs*

Well I was suspect too, so I sent them an email about it and here is what I got back:

Dear Howard,
Thank you for contacting the SmartGuard Protection Team. Our warranty covers any accidents, drops, or spills that might happen during the normal and intended uses. In this case, accidental crashes are eligible for coverage, as long as the unit was used under the manufacturer’s specifications. We do not cover misuse, abuse, theft, loss, or negligence. After the end of the manufacturer’s warranty, we will also cover electrical or mechanical failures. A copy of our Terms & Conditions has been attached for your convenience. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

I too was concerned it was just for the camera (the camera and gimble cost $700 to replace BTW) The reply to my second email is as follows:

Dear Howard,

The coverage is for the entire unit. If you buy the DJI and camera in a bundle, then both items are covered. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Tami Fukui
SmartGuard Protection Team
2200 Hwy 121
Bedford, TX, 76021

Morgon said:
Thanks, kirbinster, that's very helpful. I'd say keep hold of that email - print multiple copies!

YUP! That is why I wrote the email so that I would have documentation in writing. Makes it a no brainer to buy from Amazon unless someone else has a MUCH cheaper price.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl