Best Place to Buy P3a?

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a P3a and was wondering if there is a preferred vendor for those here that own them. Is there an advantage to buying direct from DJI? Although I have bought and sold for many years on Ebay, I am reluctant to buy such a high priced electronic item there. I can also get one from Best Buy who will match the price at Amazon which is currently about $725. Thoughts?

I am getting ready to buy a P3a and was wondering if there is a preferred vendor for those here that own them. Is there an advantage to buying direct from DJI? Although I have bought and sold for many years on Ebay, I am reluctant to buy such a high priced electronic item there. I can also get one from Best Buy who will match the price at Amazon which is currently about $725. Thoughts?
I have one for sale on Craigslist right now. It is approximately 1 year old. It has an extra battery and I have the HDMI output which is a 100 upgrade

Hey bro,

Remember me? I'm your neighbor who said hello to you in your intro post a day or two ago.

If you want to buy on eBay, that would be okay if you pay by paypal AND you are sure the seller is a DJI authorized seller. Because otherwise, you won't have a warranty.

You should look at reburbished being sold by an authorized DJI seller. Everybody has been throwing roses at the reburbished Phantoms. They are returns. BUT, they're fully warrantied by DJI and they've been given a once-over by the DJI techs. All the comments on this site that I've seen are completely positive on the reburbished Phantoms. If I was going to buy a new Phantom today, I'd buy reburbished.

In fact, this is the one I'd get, and if it was me, I'd click on "add to card" right now (it's got better distance than an Advanced and it has a better camera): DJI Phantom 3 Professional with 4K Video (DJI Refurbished Unit)

Reactions: Teamfour
Amazon is a great place to buy since you're in the US. You can find a list of authorized DJI dealers selling P3As on Amazon here.

FYI, Best Buy will only price match Phantoms that are both sold and shipped by Amazon.

Hey bro,

Remember me? I'm your neighbor who said hello to you in your intro post a day or two ago.

If you want to buy on eBay, that would be okay if you pay by paypal AND you are sure the seller is a DJI authorized seller. Because otherwise, you won't have a warranty.

You should look at reburbished being sold by an authorized DJI seller. Everybody has been throwing roses at the reburbished Phantoms. They are returns. BUT, they're fully warrantied by DJI and they've been given a once-over by the DJI techs. All the comments on this site that I've seen are completely positive on the reburbished Phantoms. If I was going to buy a new Phantom today, I'd buy reburbished.

In fact, this is the one I'd get, and if it was me, I'd click on "add to card" right now (it's got better distance than an Advanced and it has a better camera): DJI Phantom 3 Professional with 4K Video (DJI Refurbished Unit)

Mark, I do remember, and thanks for the welcome. I have seen many helpful posts by you, so I respect your opinion. I seriously looked at the refurbs but never found any comments on them, positive or negative. My use of the drone will be occasional, so I am preferring to stick with the 2.7k and put the extra $ to batteries, etc. I also have no desire to set any distance records, just so long as the control and video signal is decent. In fact, I was set to order a P3s, but decided the lightbridge would be a safety factor I would like. Thanks again for the input.

I found mine brand new In an unopened box on Craigslist for 450$! I would say Craigslist and eBay.. Long as you know what your looking for, and do your homework to make sure whoever your buying it from us honest, and that the drone really is what they say it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done sir. I'd be getting that too if I didn't have to buy a laptop. Maybe next month...

I found mine brand new In an unopened box on Craigslist for 450$! I would say Craigslist and eBay.. Long as you know what your looking for, and do your homework to make sure whoever your buying it from us honest, and that the drone really is what they say it is.

Got mine for the same price on CL, flown 5 times.

Last edited:
Hey bro,

Better distance? They are the exact same for distance, just it has a 4K camera...and unless he has a bad *** powerful computer he'll be recording in 1080p anyway...

I bought a used one on Ebay. Hadn't had a drone before so took a chance. Only had about a month but no problems, works well. Hadn't thought about the lack of warranty. Would probably buy from a reseller if I bought a new one.
Like someone else said, look at the re-furbished. Usually good deals to be had.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik