Best place to buy a DJI

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here doing some research on the best place to buy a Phantom 4 Pro with a service plan.
I have tried talking to DJI directly and that seems like it would be problematic if I had a problem.
Next I was thinking about DroneWorld but all their recent reviews are negative.
I would appreciate any suggestions or information.
Thanks

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

If you're in the US, you want to make sure you only buy from an authorized DJI dealer. DJI will not honor their warranty if you buy from other sellers. You can find a list of some authorized DJI dealers with P4P stock available here.

You can buy the DJI Care Refresh service plan directly from DJI here. That can be purchased separately even if you don't buy directly from DJI here. If you're not familiar with what DJI Care covers, you can learn more about it here.

Best Buy. Then get insurance for it with State Farm. $60/yr and covers even loss of aircraft. Your Drone will come with a warranty

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ditto on Best Buy. If bad, take it in for another. Simple. I did it with two bum units within the 14 days, although the girl said the second one would be extended to 14 days from its exchange.

Wish they had the Inspire 2 there. Some of the online dealers are sort of shifty, imho, and my local is an "As is" hobby shop and he won't exchange anything you buy there once out his door.

Welcome to the forum Jerzy .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Jerzy Phantom
You can search the Best Buy website to see if any nearby stores have them in stock.

Reactions: Jerzy Phantom
I have checked several times with Best Buy's and have also called them but the people I spoke with could not tell me when thy will have the P4P+ available.
It's really a uncomfortable situation to spend $1799 for a P4P+, $149 for DJI care, and the cost of the extras I would need, then have no dependable means of having them serviced or a way to return them if there is a problem. I can't think of any other company that does business like this.
I wonder wat will happen now that the US trade agreement with China has been canceled.

Last edited:
I have checked several times with Best Buy's and have also called them but the people I spoke with could not tell me when thy will have the P4P+ available.
It's really a uncomfortable situation to spend $1799 for a P4P+, $149 for DJI care, and the cost of the extras I would need, then have no dependable means of having them serviced or a way to return them if there is a problem. I can't think of any other company that does business like this.
I wonder wat will happen now that the US trade agreement with China has been canceled.

Jezy, if I were in your place I'd skip the P4Pro+ with the built-in screen and get the P4 Pro with a tablet. You cannot add apps like Litchi or Autopilot or any others as it is a locked system. I'd go look at the new and cheaper iPad Pro 9.7" model coming out this week. That way you could use the auto-piloting apps in the future (Your flights will look 100% smoother!), or even download maps, unlock NFZ areas remotely, do Follow Me's, check weather and fly zones with sundry apps, etc. with the cellular model and a data plan. It might cost you more than the P4P+ overall, but your satisfaction will be a lot better too with the options.

Also, if you check around, you'll find some of the P4 pro with the built-in screens are having some issues like the screen freezing or crashing.

Best Buy here also has the P4 Pro in stock that I saw a few days ago. No screen models though.

I get all my drones and accessories from builtdrones been nothing less than satisfied with their service and quick response.
You work for and/or own Built Drones, right? I'm curious since every post you made on this forum is an advertisement for Built Drones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen