Best place in UK to buy Phantom 2 battery?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need to replace/buy/hack a battery or two for my Phantom 2. I bought a second hand P2 and the battery is very poor. I have read online and also on this forum about guys who are experimenting with converting the smart battery to use cheaper Lipo's and also to get longer flying time. That of course interests me. Is there a working solution at this time? I have tried to use the search function on the forum, but as this is my first day on the forum, I'm having problems searching theis forum, when using common search words. Any tips there guys?

I'm based in Scotland, but I'm heading to the USA for a months work on Friday...so have the option of picking up a solution there. I did see that Motor City Drone Co have a solution. Its called a "Beta DJI intelligent cap with batteries of your choice" Anyone tried this? I can't find info on their site (not doing very well at present searching and finding anything am I !

OK guys...hope you can advise...thanks!

mark

Rc-geeks.com is pretty reputable I hear. As far as I know, the saving of $10 for a cheaper battery is not worth the risk of a $2,000.

I see what you are thinking but one of the good points about the phantom 2 is easy battery changing and management.
Rcgeeks generally are a good price and will deliver very quickly.
I guess it would be a bit cheaper in the US although you'd want it in hand luggage.
The packaging of new ones is a cardboard box with close fitting foam - they aren't huge.
I'd still buy here though then you have EU warranty for a year.
In the US it's 3 months plus the cost of returning would rule it out.

4wd said:
I see what you are thinking but one of the good points about the phantom 2 is easy battery changing and management.
Rcgeeks generally are a good price and will deliver very quickly.
I guess it would be a bit cheaper in the US although you'd want it in hand luggage.
The packaging of new ones is a cardboard box with close fitting foam - they aren't huge.
I'd still buy here though then you have EU warranty for a year.
In the US it's 3 months plus the cost of returning would rule it out.

rcgeeks seems expensive to me - £91

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic