Best Phone for use in the P2V??

Reaction score
I'm what you call "Snakebit"! After crashing my P2V and destroying my camera and battery, I now need to replace my phone. I bought a iphone4s for the reason of use with the P2V. I didn't realize the P2V would work with other phones, other than an Apple product. My question is this, what is the best working phone for use in combination with The Phantom 2 vision?

**I will tell the story of my iPhone 4s destruction a bit later as a few you enjoyed the story of my vision crash....LOL

Thx guys,
Moose

The most important issue for me was being able to see the screen in bright light. After some research I got an HTC One. It is a very high quality phone with a large bright screen. I flew using it today when finally the sun came out after days of snow, so there was lots of glare with the fresh snow. The screen was still easily visible where my Samsung Galaxy would have looked like a blank screen.

grochester said:
The most important issue for me was being able to see the screen in bright light. After some research I got an HTC One. It is a very high quality phone with a large bright screen. I flew using it today when finally the sun came out after days of snow, so there was lots of glare with the fresh snow. The screen was still easily visible where my Samsung Galaxy would have looked like a blank screen.

Thank you this is exactly the type if input i'm looking for! The lack of screen visibility was one of my biggest complaints while using my iPhone 4s. Even with the screen turned to the highest setting of brightness it was still very hard to see. I was able to get my iphone working again after a reboot, but I believe I'm going to be replacing my phone soon after deciding which phone will work the best during daylight hours with the P2V!
Thanks again grochester!
Moose

I use a Nexus 4 which has the grunt to handle the FPV (very little lag) and has a pretty bright screen. For very bright days (yes, I know I live in the UK, we get one or two) I just got this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6146&start=20#p52495

Available for other phones/equipment too, just measure and put your size in the website to see what they've got.

I find all of the phone screens to be too small. I am using a 7" Lenovo A1000 tablet. $99 at Amazon.

My Google Nexus 5 screen shows up really well in bright light and it's arguably the best performing/value for money Android phone on the market. Google it and checkout the reviews ;-)

However, bright light isn't the only issue to worry aboutreflections are 50% of the problem on any LCD screen in really bright sunlight. When I'm shooting outdoors here in southwest France with my DSLR I have to use one of these to review my images so that I'm not staring at my own face http://www.hoodmanusa.com/prodinfo.asp?number=H-LPP3

I'm thinking of rigging up something that will enable me to completely shade my phone's screen, such as a long rectangular tube type thing I can peer into. Anyone know where I can find an old 'What the Butler Saw' machine? :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic