Best Phone for Outdoor Bright Light

JustJames said:
I like that sun shade for the mini. Im looking to go that way too.

James
Anyone know if there is a similar shade out there for the Samsung S4 smartphone? Or how to build one? My search on the web didn't yield much except for car sun visor clips. Thx.

My homemade solution. I took old diary cover, struted by two zinc wires attached with tape and bended as needed. Simple costfree solution.

Attachments

• IMG_8717.JPG
    IMG_8717.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_8716.JPG
    IMG_8716.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_8715.JPG
    IMG_8715.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 424
next

Attachments

• IMG_8718.JPG
    IMG_8718.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_8719.JPG
    IMG_8719.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_8720.JPG
    IMG_8720.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 421
Works like a charm! If I had made it 2 inches longer, I could hold it against my face for total immersion.

shield1.jpg

shield2.jpg

shield3.jpg

shield4.jpg

shield5.jpg

BobUnplugged said:
Works like a charm! If I had made it 2 inches longer, I could hold it against my face for total immersion.
After reading the previous posts in this thread I had decided to invent something like that. Then I find you've already done it. The flap to access the touch screen is certainly something I hadn't thought of. Nice job!

LOL :D :D

I made another better one. Bigger and wire all around.

Attachments

• IMG2.jpg
    IMG2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG1.jpg
    IMG1.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 383
BobUnplugged said:
Looks great! Going to make one tomorrow...did you use construction paper?

grochester said:
Time for a new phone. My Samsung Galaxy 2 is useless in bright light. Can't see anything at all on screen. Considering an HTC One. Supposed to have the brightest screen available. Anyone using one of these or having good results with something else?

I have a note 3 and live in hawaii where the sun is a big detractor. So in search of a fix I tried getting an HDMI adaptor and feeding my big screen, from the phantom app on my phone, and it worked, so its my intention to get a pair of googles and feed them from the phone using HDMI and using the visions built in hardware, no additional video transmitter or receiver, nut if I ever wanted to do that I could. Just an alternative idea. please see this post. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9596

My goggles come in next week, I will post a review when I try them. By the way the video on the big screen from the Samsung note 3 was stupendious :)

I have a Note 3 and wifi kept disconnecting. I-phone 4= crap, Galaxy 3 = pretty decent, Just bought Nexus 7 2013 = superb!

mmotown said:
I have a Note 3 and wifi kept disconnecting. I-phone 4= crap, Galaxy 3 = pretty decent, Just bought Nexus 7 2013 = superb!
Had the same problem, turned on airplane mode, then turned on WiFi only-hasn't happened since. Fingers crossed.

loquacious said:
How would the original Nexus 7 go instead of the 2013 version?

Hi, I'm using an original N7. Still getting to grips with it and have had a single issue where I lost video feed on a flight which returned after restarting the app. The P2V continued to fly in the meantime (or rather fight the strong wind).

I'm looking at getting a hood for it but think i'll need to get a bumper or some sort of rubberized skin so I can attach Velcro (for the hood) to that rather than directly to the N7.

Hope this helps

Bmews

BMEWS said:
loquacious said:
How would the original Nexus 7 go instead of the 2013 version?

Hi, I'm using an original N7. Still getting to grips with it and have had a single issue where I lost video feed on a flight which returned after restarting the app. The P2V continued to fly in the meantime (or rather fight the strong wind).

I'm looking at getting a hood for it but think i'll need to get a bumper or some sort of rubberized skin so I can attach Velcro (for the hood) to that rather than directly to the N7.

Hope this helps

Bmews
Thanks for your reply. I am tossing up getting either the original Nexus 7 or the 2nd Gen one. There is a fair difference in price between the two but if the 2nd generation one is significantly better I'd prefer it but I have not found anywhere that compares the two .... :?

BobUnplugged said:

Love this idea! Going to give it a try. My current solution is just some construction paper folded to fit around my Moto Droid Razr Maxx, which is better than nothing, but not by much.

BTW, I love your selection of hot sauce too! :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr