Best Phantom 2 set up

Reaction score
Hi All,

Merry Christmas!!!

Am new to this new rage!
I ordered the Phantom 2 and for Christmas Santa brought me the GoPro 3+ black edition. Next to these two I got the Zenmuse H3-2D.
So far so good!

What else would you suggest I get for even better set up?
...and what will each of these additional parts do?

Please let me know.
Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
P

You should get a fpv setup for it and i isod mini because it would be hard to fly fpv with a gimbal without a osd but, the iosd works great.

OK thanks DJI.

Lets start from beginning...I am rookie in this so dont get all of the terms.

What is isod mini? what is osd?

What is the benefit of FPV? ...besides that I can see through.
Can I start/stop the go pro?

P

You cannot start or stop the gopro at this moment. It really depends on what you are trying to do with your phantom. If you just want to sit on a lawn chair and do figure 8s in the backyard with your phantom, you just need the phantom. If you want to use it to get aerial video/stills, you'll need a camera. If you decide to get the aerial shots an FPV system is helpful. First Person View. Essentially the video from the gopro is sent back to you and you can see what it sees. Since you have the gimbal, your shots will be nice and level and you will not need to worry about it looking like the blair witch project. The iosd is On Screen Display. What this does is add an overlay to the video feed that is being sent back to you. The overlay sends you info on whats going on with your phantom. The same thing as the dash board in your car. Speed, battery, etc. The phantom 2 makes all this stuff virtually plug and play. http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk makes a cable that makes the setup literally plug and play. Its like installing a VCR. You connect a cable here and another there and double stick tape things to the bottom and away you go. Should you go the FPV route, you will need a transmitter from the phantom to you and you'll need a receiver and a monitor to play the video. The question is, what do you want to do with the phantom. Its like buying a jeep. Do you want to go off road or do you want to put big spinning wheels and try to pick up women. Many paths with different results.

Great. Thanks for the reply.

I definitely want to make videos and photos....so will need to think of FPV....

But now getting a bit scared of what is legal to do and what not in USA!

legally we are in a gray area. going to a nude beach is probably not a good idea but scenes of cow pastures or apple groves should be ok. I think at the end of the day it will come down to intent. Did you intentionally fly it outside that high rise at night to catch the woman in the shower or was that just dumb luck. I'm sure someone will link you to rules, I know the FAA has some.

Bluecrab, thats not a bad setup.

OK Thanks guys.
Looks like investing in FPV is a good idea! My wife will not like that!

I certainly have no intentions of doing anything illegal and would not even dare knowing my skills to go to places with lots of people...but do want to post some videos on youtube....

Bluecrab, that screen listing says only 250 in terms of brightness . . . I recently changed from a 400 to a 1000 monitor so I could see in outdoor lighting, other than that, it looks to be a good unit, my Tx is getting kinda chunky with screen VRx DVR and battery hanging on it!

What else do I need to order to make sure I have everything??

Attachments

• order list for P2 zenmuse.jpg
    order list for P2 zenmuse.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,079

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31