Best Performing & Size Tablet?

This does not apply to using GPS related features in DJI GO. You will not be able to get GPS data by tethering to a mobile phone. You can use an external GPS receiver though.

I'm not an expert here, but this hasn't been my experience. I tether to my phone with my iPad 2 mini wifi tablet and I get maps and accurate GPS map logs. Works like a charm with no hiccups.

Hi. I'm a total newbie. Trying to foond the right thread, but I'm sure you guys can help.

Ive just bought the phantom3 Pro. I've got a samsung Tab 4 7inch, BUT, i have read far too many threads about issues with android, inlcuding App crashing, time lag etc. So, as much as I dont; want to spend more money (my wife is already on my case!), I don;tt want to put my bird in the air with any extra risk.

So, I'm looking at getting another Tablet, most likley to have next to no issues. I used to be an Apple person, until I realised their products just didn't meet my business needs; and so I went to Android (Samsung ever since).

From what i've read, it pains me to say that the IPAD Mini 2 or higher looks like ot gets the best wraps. But, I'd rather not go there.

Can someone advise if the NVidia sHIELD k1 would be one of the best options if I stuck with Android? I will use this tablet solely for flying my P3.

If so, is a 16gb model sufficient, obvioulsy with expandable SD memory.

Can someone confirm i definitely DO NOT NEED a cellular model?

Thank you for your help.

Can someone advise if the NVidia sHIELD k1 would be one of the best options if I stuck with Android?
The Nvidia Shield K1 and Google Nexus 7 (2013) are both great Android devices. I own both and they both perform well.

If so, is a 16gb model sufficient
Yes. If you need to cache video on the tablet for some reason, then you'll just need to clear it off more often. If you're not going to cache video, than 16GB will be plenty of space.

Can someone confirm i definitely DO NOT NEED a cellular model?
You do not need a cellular model. You can either cache the maps before you head out to fly or tether your tablet to a phone to get an Internet connection when out flying.

I bought a Shield K1 and a 32g SD card solely for flying my standard and it works great, quite a bit heavier than other 8" tablets though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20