Best Performing & Size Tablet?

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm thinking of getting an iPad 2 mini for display purposes . Fits my budget currently and I imagine size vs weight is about right ? Any thoughts on alternative tablets ? Is the screen size still ok or should I go larger? Are there cheaper alternatives which will work just as well? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Currently using android galaxy tab a 10.1 inch. Has low resolution(1024x768) but weighs less and costs less. I prefer size over resolution, because in the flight pilot can't concentrate on the quality of the image, but needs to check the prominent landscapes and blockages to find your way to fly. Having galaxy 5s and it has 2K resolution, but I prefer large sized tablet. I think it's just personal preference.

Currently using android galaxy tab a 10.1 inch. Has low resolution(1024x768) but weighs less and costs less. I prefer size over resolution, because in the flight pilot can't concentrate on the quality of the image, but needs to check the prominent landscapes and blockages to find your way to fly. Having galaxy 5s and it has 2K resolution, but I prefer large sized tablet. I think it's just personal preference.
Ok thanks for that. I'll add that to the list of options to look into :)

Also check out the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet, resolution of 1920x1200... and does the job extremely well!

I'm not too worried about resolution as the lightbridge only knocks out 720p res. I guess less lag and size vs weight are key factors . Cheers

get the shield awesome tablet

I went with the Acer Iconia 10 tab because, well...it has the biggest screen on the list. 'Cept for Samsung...And I won't buy a Samsung branded product if I have a choice.

I've been using my iPhone 6S plus but have an iPad mini 2. With older eyes I've been considering using my iPad with my P3S but wonder if the lesser specs and no on board gps should I just squint and use my iPhone or will I see no difference in performance or flying info and go with my tablet? Also have a nexus 7(2013) tablet. Is this a better alternative? Thanks.

I say to use what ever you have that's both newest and largest. Even with the 10.1" screen, I still have my reading glasses on. ;)

I use an iPad mini 2 and love it. Perfect size for me. I can't imagine using a huge full size tablet, but that's just me!

Cellular is not required for GPS...

Cellular is not required for GPS...

GPS is combined option with cellular in Apple products, wifi models approximates their location or gets info from thethered phone gps. In case of Samsung or android devices cellular is truly nothing to do with GPS, except of fast A-GPS lock. I'm not sure about android devices, so tell me if I'm wrong...

wifi models approximates their location or gets info from thethered phone gps
This does not apply to using GPS related features in DJI GO. You will not be able to get GPS data by tethering to a mobile phone. You can use an external GPS receiver though.

Reactions: Argonaise

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers