Best performance replacement motor for Phantom?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Opinions on the best replacement motors and why. How much of a difference over the original, and where did you purchase?

Thanx much and great flying

Slugger

slugger said:
Hey everyone!

Opinions on the best replacement motors and why. How much of a difference over the original, and where did you purchase?

Thanx much and great flying

Slugger

Hi Slugger,

I picked up the T-Motor MN2214-11 920KV Antigravity! motors for the Phantom. Its sold as as set of four. I'm still awaiting delivery, but will report back once I get them installed. They are a bit pricey, but I've read good things about them. :)

-Y

+1 - I upgraded mine to those and I'm using Carbon Fiber props. All I can say is,"Outstanding!!!!!!"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I changed to tiger MT-2216 KV900 motors after one of my stock motors had a bad bearing fairly early on. Motors are better balanced, smoother, slightly more efficient, better build and bearings but also about double the price. The ones I got come with a standard 5mm round prop shaft which lets me use lots of different props much easier then with the non standard DJI motors.

It goes pretty well with some 9050 triblade props, dont expect a miracle when it comes to new motors but these are clearly better then the stock DJI. You cant change the spec too much due to the Phantom shell and ESC's but the Tiger motors are some great little motors I think.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTnb-szvYE[/youtube]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers