Best option for buying extra batter(ies) right now?

Reaction score
Before I go pay full price of $170 for a spare battery (or $340 for 2) from DJI, BB, or Apple, I just want to make sure I'm not missing some obvious deal that's out there right now... as far as I can tell, the only way to get a deal on batteries right now is if they come bundled with a P4... right?

And while we're on the subject of batteries, do you think any third party companies will make P4 batteries? I know there's several Chinese companies that make batteries compatible with various cameras, GoPros, etc. and some of them work pretty well... just wondering whether that kind of thing happens with drone batteries as well. If so, I'm inclined to just buy one spare OEM battery now and then wait for the knock-offs to arrive... even if they only lasted 15 min, if they're less than half the OEM price, I'd get a couple...

I haven't seen any deals on P4 batteries yet. I'm sure we'll eventually see knock-off batteries for the P4. They've been made for all other Phantoms.

In addition to the places you mentioned, you can also find batteries for a good price here on Amazon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kampy
I got mine at the Apple Store.

If 3rd party companies make batteries, DJI will just update the firmware so they don't work. That's what they've done in the past.

Reactions: Kampy
Always available here at On Amazon for $169. No tax and free 2nd day shipping with Prime. Plus I've never had problems with returns with them. Same with B&H. I haven't seen any good bundles, I've seen several that end up costing more than buying separately :confused:

Always available here at On Amazon for $169. No tax and free 2nd day shipping with Prime. Plus I've never had problems with returns with them. Same with B&H. I haven't seen any good bundles, I've seen several that end up costing more than buying separately :confused:

Tax or no tax is determined by state. Just FYI.

Amazon as best return policy and fastest shipping, but with DJI Direct you pay no taxes, it`s all about if you need them fast or not...

Reactions: Artur H
Amazon as best return policy and fastest shipping, but with DJI Direct you pay no taxes, it`s all about if you need them fast or not...
If you live in Cali, you people should know (and a lot don't) if you own your business, you give them your EIN (like at BB, Frys and Apple, you create a business account with them) and if you're purchase like this does, it falls under the post production tax.

For example, I legally paid 3.5% on the tax of my bird because of that exemption and you just need something to show you own the business (credit card is fine). It's saved me untolds amount of money.

Last edited:
Reactions: isopro
If you live in Cali, you people should know (and a lot don't) if you own your business, you give them your EIN (like at BB, Frys and Apple, you create a business account with them) and if you're purchase like this does, it falls under the post production tax.

For example, I legally paid 3.5% on the tax of my bird because of that exemption and you just need something to show you own the business (credit card is fine). It's saved me untolds amount of money.
Hmm anywhere else but Cali?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm anywhere else but Cali?

I don't know. I only knew about it because someone told me about it here.

I suppose it would be an easy thing to research.

There are actually lots of state tax incentives (especially in states where we pay state income tax WHICH SUCKS) to not pay, or pay less on certain types of business items. That post production tax is awesome because post can fall under most anything. Whenever I spend over $200, I use it,, because they do have to fill out paper work every single time for some reason.

Yeah, but I would just check?

Check with any DJI dealers in your area. Many have batteries in stock now.

Oh, LOL. Did you mean where are the bats? I thought you meant do they have the post tax deduction in outrer states. Bats are everywhere here.

Lots of states unfortunately are subject to Amazon taxes now. Illinois is 6.25% which isn't bad but still tax. I walk j to my local BB and it's about 9.5%. If I order from Bb.com it's only 6.25%.

Lots of states unfortunately are subject to Amazon taxes now.
Why not just buy a deal fulfilled by someone else then? I'm assuming you'd pay no tax in most cases if the seller is in another state.

Why not just buy a deal fulfilled by someone else then? I'm assuming you'd pay no tax in most cases if the seller is in another state.

I try to stay away from third party sellers myself. If it's fulfilled by amazon but a third party sometimes I'll bite though.

Buy official batteries as you don't want to take a risk of a possible failure and a fall from the sky. $169 seems to be the solid price everyone is selling these batteries at.

I try to stay away from third party sellers myself. If it's fulfilled by amazon but a third party sometimes I'll bite though.
When I don't buy Amazon Prime items, I buy from third party sellers that I know are DJI dealers. Shipping is usually always slower, but at least I know what I'm getting.

Reactions: Jussaguy
When I don't buy Amazon Prime items, I buy from third party sellers that I know are DJI dealers. Shipping is usually always slower, but at least I know what I'm getting.
Same here :)

I just bought a battery direct from DJI online, and it cost me a total of $169. So, it would appear that they didn't add sales tax. But, then on the receipt, it specifically says "price includes California sales tax." so.... I guess they build it into the price?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1