Best online school for 107 as of March 2017

Reaction score
I wanted to get input from people who have taken and have their 107 which classes that they took and who they recommend. I have up to 250 dollars to spend on taking this and am not interested in trying to decode all the different material there is out there to study.. I want something that is going to be concise and to the point - something that has good charts to look at etc. Please let me know!

I've been collecting a list of FAA Part 107 courses and study resources that people have been using/recommending. You can find that list here.

Reactions: SteveNPhx
I took the RemotePilot101 course via online videos. It's all you need to know in order to pass the FAA Part 107 exam. I got a 94. The instructor is very good and lectures are easy to listen to. You also get lifetime access to the course, so you can review it every 2 years for the renewal exams.

I took the RemotePilot101 course via online videos. It's all you need to know in order to pass the FAA Part 107 test. I got a 94.
That seems to be what I am hearing elsewhere. How did you study with it? Did you have to take a lot of notes, etc? I really want to use my drones for photography since I do photography as a side business. I LOVE the perspective we get!

That seems to be what I am hearing elsewhere. How did you study with it? Did you have to take a lot of notes, etc? I really want to use my drones for photography since I do photography as a side business. I LOVE the perspective we get!

I jotted down some notes regarding the different airspace categories and a few other things, but no heavy note taking. I just kept reviewing the videos. The instructor even points out things that are guaranteed to be on the test, so he makes it easy to focus on what you especially need to know -- even telling you which videos are extra important to review a few times. I took the course for about a month before the exam, watching the course videos during my lunch breaks at the office and late at night on my tablet before going to sleep. Much of it is common sense, but other things like being able to read a sectional chart is a big part of the exam -- which he points out. The course contains about 60 short videos on various topics that you should know for the exam. And many of the example test questions and answers he gives were the same questions that I had on the actual exam.

Last edited:
I took the remotepilot101 course. I got a 58/60 with about a month of studying. I also used the ASA Test Prep: Remote Pilot book as a supplement.

The book comes with maps just like you would use on the test. and with the purchase you get 5 practice tests. The information inside is also a good supplement to the remote 101 course.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
RemotePilot101... Nice that its a lifetime purchase.. Every 2 years when you go to re-certify, he keeps it all updated.. Just log on, listen and watch a few times, take the practice tests and go pass!!

Just get the free study materials provided by the FAA. If you read and understand everything presented there, you will pass. No need to pay anybody!

I wanted to get input from people who have taken and have their 107 which classes that they took and who they recommend. I have up to 250 dollars to spend on taking this and am not interested in trying to decode all the different material there is out there to study.. I want something that is going to be concise and to the point - something that has good charts to look at etc. Please let me know!
I would recommend UAV Ground School from Gold Seal. I just took their course ($200) and it was spot on. The quizzes that they provide were almost identical to the FAA exam. The videos and narrated presentations really helped understand concepts like meteorology and aerodynamics. It was helpful for me to go back and review the at my leisure.

I got 95% on my FAA exam and it only took 30 minutes (they give you 2 hours to complete).

Hope this helps,
Adam

Last edited:
Just get the free study materials provided by the FAA. If you read and understand everything presented there, you will pass. No need to pay anybody!
I am a visual/auditory learner so to read the FAA book(s) was not very helpful. I took UAV Ground School from Gold Seal and their videos really helped me with more complex concepts like aerodynamics and meteorology. However, to is their own...

Just my two cents,
Adam

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik