Best online backpack or case for the Vision

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots

I have a phantom 2 vision and I'm looking for an affordable backpack or case for the kit. Some of the ones I have seen are a bit too expensive.

Does anybody know of anything that can be converted to carry the phantom 2 ? ....or any reasonably priced cases/backpacks?

I'm still using the cardboard box / eggbox that it came in lol and it's not going to last much longer!

Please post any web links to anything you may recommend.

Thanks

James

Hey Dude, Did you manage to get your Phantom in it, I bought that one and it doesn't look like it is going to close without putting pressure on the prop motors? Let me know if you can. Thank You. C

zenoshrdlu said:
James - where are you located? If you are in the UK I have a Maplin box arranged to take my Phantom 2 vision. I bought a more expensive back pack so I no longer use it. You can have it for not much more than it costs to post it!

See http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/large-high-impact-case-with-pre-cut-foam-interior-n14gr

Hey thanks, that would be great. I live in Oxfordshire, I've been looking for something robust for a while.

Why did you go for the backpack in the end?

James

James - I bought the Maplin case because others had, but I needed something better to take on holiday to Italy - the Maplin case isn't a backpack (you carry it like a heavy briefcase) and I wasn't sure it would be possible to take it as carry-on on EasyJet. The backpack I bought (this one - http://www.heliguy.com/Quadcopter/DJI-Phantom/DJI-Phantom-BackPacker/ ) is purpose-made for the Phantom, but does cost £100.

If you want the Maplin Case you can have it for £10 + whatever it costs to 'post' it to you. Email me at dave AT zenoshrdlu.com if you're interested. I'm in South Devon so not easy for you to collect unless you're coming this way.

PS you can see the photos I took in Italy here https://www.flickr.com/photos/dave_mitchell/collections/72157645398866135/

Dave, thanks for the offer but I think I will save up for the backpack as I too may want to take abroad at some point.

Great photos! I noticed your Oxford photos of Christ Church college. I'm working at the college currently it's a beautiful looking building. You've got quite a collection now.

James

You won't regret it James. The MAPLIN case does work (it's JUST deep enough) but is heavy to lug around. Fine if all you need is something to go in the boot of a car, but if you want to walk some way to a flying site it's not ideal. The backpack on the other hand is very comfortable to wear - I walked around Oxford that day for several hours (from where we were staying at the top of Walton Street down to Christchurch then up to the Parks, around the Pitt Rivers museum, back to Christchurch and then back on the bus to the top of Walton Street) with no problem.

Dave, i'll take the maplin case off of you for a tenner + postage.

I'll mail you the details in an hour or so.

Dean

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1