Best of Red Rock Canyon

Reaction score
Nice video shot by my son and I, using Inspire and Phantom 4. As with my old P2, had to install pot with switch on P4 controller to smooth/slow down the yaw. Learned on last trip drone flying here was a no-no (I did not realize it was a national park). Wish there was an exception ie commercial lic required along with tracker installed on drone, registering with park headquarters before flight, etc. But thats another topic. Long video but hated to cut any more than I had, especially the rainbow at the end.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Beautiful! Nicely done. Yes it is unfortunate that National Parks are no-fly-zones :/

I had to look Red Rock up as there is one in California, but it is a state park and I think you can fly there. There are similar named ones in Utah, New Mexico, and Arizona as well.

The Red Rock in Nevada is a National Conservation Area under the BLM and I see in their film permit section "No aircraft or helicopters" allowed there unless stipulated (#9 here): https://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/...ication.Par.97889.File.dat/red rock stips.pdf
https://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/...ication.Par.97889.File.dat/red rock stips.pdf
Odd the first line is "A copy of the video needs to be forwarded to the BLM" as well. Puzzled by that one.

Thanks for the info, I couldn't make out much on the document, except not to paint the rocks (there goes my back up to RTH). Again as I stated, exceptions (limited) should be allowed for commercial competent operators under permit, and with a tracker, so in case of crash bebris can be removed at operators expense. It's a view few will ever see. Will continue to research.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan