Best of breed accessories?

Reaction score
Hi All,

so I have a couple of flights under my belt - now need to think about protecting this delicate wee thing as much as possible. I've seen a few threads on must have accessories - but they are mostly US based shops & older threads. Looking for some up to date advice and I'd really like to buy the best of breed for these basics;

1) Lens Cover
2) Gimbal Guard/Protector
3) Gimbal Lock (or is the one supplied with the unit good enough?)
4) iPad mini sunshade

Solid advice on the best of these and where to order from UK supplier muchly appreciated. Anything else I should consider getting straight away?

Cheers,
Paul

You can find a good selection of quality accessories here:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Not all of the items listed at Phantom Help are available for shipping to the UK, but you might be able to find the same items elsewhere.

1) Lens Cover
2) Gimbal Guard/Protector
3) Gimbal Lock (or is the one supplied with the unit good enough?)
4) iPad mini sunshade

I like these accessories:
  • Lens Cover
  • iPad Mini Sun Shade
  • Gimbal Lock: This is not needed if you install the OEM lock like this:

• Gimbal Guard: I don't own one. A camera guard like this one is useful though -- for added protection and to prevent grass from contacting the camera.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. And yes a bag does seem essential kit... but not cheap are they... next month for that!

Going to be an expensive new hobby this one isn't it...

Cheers,
Paul

You can find a good selection of quality accessories here:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/#P3

Not all of the items listed at Phantom Help are available for shipping to the UK, but you might be able to find the same items elsewhere.

I like these accessories:

Lens Cover: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...ep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

iPad Mini Sun Shade: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as2&tag=ph079-20&linkId=6LW3O3REM2BAYFPJ

Gimbal Lock: This is not needed if you install the OEM lock like this:

Gimbal Guard: I don't own one. A camera guard like this one is useful though -- for added protection and to prevent grass from contacting the camera:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...Code=as2&tag=ph079-20&linkId=627JCJTNFGEYIE65
I second this. You can find almost everything here. A great resource indeed.

paul, you can get padded bags off ebay that have the foam precut on the inside for £30 off ebay.

Thanks for the replies. And yes a bag does seem essential kit... but not cheap are they... next month for that!

Going to be an expensive new hobby this one isn't it...

Cheers,
Paul
You have no idea...I started with a generation old model - just the Vision, maybe 1 1/2 years ago...then said ****, wish I had a gimbal. $400 rotorpixel. Well, I guess I need 3 battery's and case for &$600.......... Then the p3 came out, so I was like Yeah I must have this. Oh dang, my computer needs some work to be able to process 4k.. SSD, RAM, and more upgrades later, I had a usable computer. Oh and, more batteries, Batteries, case, gimbal guards (finally found a goo one), Props. Prop dye. Carbon fiber gimbal ground guard. Adobe premiere pro, photoshop.

It never gets old, but yeah it gets expensive...

One, random purchase on Amazon.. I was hooked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Luckily CLAM coins are killing it and only poised to skyrocket. More clams more drones.

You have no idea...I started with a generation old model - just the Vision, maybe 1 1/2 years ago...then said ****, wish I had a gimbal. $400 rotorpixel. Well, I guess I need 3 battery's and case for &$600.......... Then the p3 came out, so I was like Yeah I must have this. Oh dang, my computer needs some work to be able to process 4k.. SSD, RAM, and more upgrades later, I had a usable computer. Oh and, more batteries, Batteries, case, gimbal guards (finally found a goo one), Props. Prop dye. Carbon fiber gimbal ground guard. Adobe premiere pro, photoshop.

It never gets old, but yeah it gets expensive...

One, random purchase on Amazon.. I was hooked.

Been there, done that :)

So Far my purchases have been

P3A with extra battery
3rd Battery
Ipad Mini 2 (Didn't realize the 1 wasn't compatible when I ordered P3)
Short USB to ipad Connector
Controller Neck Strap
2 Backpacks (only use 1)
Prop Balancer
RF-V16 GPS Tracker
PAYG Sim for GPS Tracker
3D Printed holder for GPS Tracker.
3D Printed Lens Cap
ND Gels from Dataway
Set of TACO RC ND Filters
32gb SD Card
Adobe CC package
New 1080p Monitor for my PC (Obviously this was for the kids....;))
Kingston 5-in-1 Mobile Companion
WD My passport Ultra 1TB HDD
Cases for both the above.
Zoom H1 Handheld Recorder (waiting for it to be delivered.... seemed a good idea at the time)
A couple of Courses on Udemy

Soon to be ordered & Wish list
Fury Muff Thingy for Zoom H1
HoodiVision Padhat sun shade.
Gimbal/Ribbon Protector
Gimbal Guard
HDMI Board
Headplay HD Goggles
4th Battery
100W Charger
Charging Hub when available.
CAA Permission (So I can actually try and recoup some of my costs.....:rolleyes:)

****.... I didn't realize how long this list was going to be and I dread to think what I have spent........... but if the wife asks

Purchases so far
P3 with Extra Batteries
Bag

;)

Reactions: AirApparent

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member