Best night camera settings for fireworks

I read this entire topic before shooting Combate Naval fireworks show during carnival in Mazatlan, Mexico last week. There is obviously really no way to get DSLR type results with the P4 at night but it seems to be better keeping the iso setting as low as possible (I kept it at 400). Any higher and you get more light but too much grain. Kept shutter speed at lowest available (30 during video) even though ideal is double the frame rate. I think if you follow those manual settings you get useable shots at night where there are bright lights or fireworks. Just my take so far. Thanks for all of the comments on this post they really made me think it through.

Sure can - I do it all the time.
You won't find the settings unless your P3 is connected to the app.
Press and hold the shutter button on the app (not the controller)
i-j33q4Wq-M.png
Is this tip (about pressing and holding the shutter button on the app) still relevant? If it is, where do I press on the app, with aircraft connected? I tried doing what you said and can’t get the menu to pull up that you show in your response. Thanks in advance!!

Is this tip (about pressing and holding the shutter button on the app) still relevant? If it is, where do I press on the app, with aircraft connected? I tried doing what you said and can’t get the menu to pull up that you show in your response. Thanks in advance!!
That was 5 years ago with old drones and an old app.
Nowdays in DJI Go4 you tap the icon below the big red screen shutter button and that brings up the camera settings menu.
Tap the icons at the top of the menu to toggle between sub-menus
i-gdNcSj5-L.png

To get AEB options, you need to have the camera set for shooting stills rather than video and tap the camera icon and tap the Photo setting.
i-Fs3Lqrw-L.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1