Best night camera settings for fireworks

Auto Exposure Bracketing .. the camera shoots a bracket (you can choose 3 or 5) of photos a fraction of a second apart, each at a different exposure setting. This gives you a few exposure options to choose from or you can use all 5 images (if a static subject) to blend to create a HDR (High Dynamic Range) image.
In a bracket of 5 the P3 will shoot one exposure at correct exposure (0 EV), and one each at -0.7 EV, +0.7 EV, -1.4 EV & +1.4 EV.
Here is a bracket of 5 for an example.
i-ZNnKmgV-L.jpg

Thanks for the info - nice pics on your link.

Are the pics stills from the 4k video as they look far more detailed than a 12meg pixel camera?

Are the pics stills from the 4k video as they look far more detailed than a 12meg pixel camera?
Thanks
No .. all my pics are still photos
... but a still from 4K video is approximately 8MP (4096 x 2160) wheras stills from either P3 are 12 MP (4000 x 3000) so stills should look more detailed than stills extracted from video .

But many of my pics are composite panoramas stitched from a number of individual images, so making a larger image than possible with a single frame.
This one for instance http://abovephotos.smugmug.com/AP/Land/i-W9hffpV/A
Is made from 8 overlapping images and measures 7529 x 3179 = 24 MP

Can you auto bracket on the phantom 3 advanced? I don't believe I can find that capability.

Local shop had a bbq yesterday they started shooting them up around dusk. ISO at 100 with 1 sec exposure. Pretty confident if it was darker out these would of awesome. This week I'll be jumping around finding fireworks to get some practice. I'll be shooting the NYC fireworks on Saturday, can't wait!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435582997.321709.jpg

Sure can - I do it all the time.
You won't find the settings unless your P3 is connected to the app.
Press and hold the shutter button on the app (not the controller)
i-j33q4Wq-M.png

So this makes panoramic photos?..also thanks on the AEB setting. I wish someone would do a video review on the camera and each setting, to include the manual settings and what you get from it. I have my Nikon d90, but i think this a a whole different learning curve now that you are in the air.

I have a friend with a D90 and we go together with flying. It is just another camera in the air. Keep the ISO low, and experiment on the shots. I have tried AEB and wasn't fond of the HDR from it, but others might. I do use it if I think the auto exposure may not get it right but keep in mind that if you use AEB with a long exposure, that is a long time FPV is disconnected from the bird. I tend to steer clear of AEB with long night shots.
Btw... I wish I had my own D90! He does some sweet shots with it.

So this makes panoramic photos?..also thanks on the AEB setting. I wish someone would do a video review on the camera and each setting, to include the manual settings and what you get from it. I have my Nikon d90, but i think this a a whole different learning curve now that you are in the air.

Good video here on all the options on the camera.

Sorry I can't figure out why when you click on the link the video starts around the 5 minute mark. Just go to the beginning and watch. Yes it says inspire but the settings are the same for the Phantom 3.

Reactions: Australis5
Dumb question maybe...

I set my exposure to 5 seconds earlier today while my P3P was inside. I walked across the field of view to test it and there was no motion blur of me. I know I'm doing something wrong but don't know what.

Can anyone help?

Either you didn't walk by when the shutter was open or you are darker than what is around you and you went by too quick. An example would be 4 seconds of something really bright will overpower 1 second of something dark.

My settings show in Flickr. This shot was in manual ISO 100, 1.3 second shutter speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading a lot here I had the chance to take a video of a wedding firework. As setting I used Auto 1080HD with 24 fps with the longest shutter and no additional filter. That's the result:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20