best monitor brightness and clarity?

Reaction score
ok tired of the little iphone as my monitor. need a bright screen at least 6 or 7 inch that mounts to remote controller. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

I suppose you are talking about a Vision (+) or a FC40, not a Phantom 2 or 1?

This is exactly the reason why I decided to get a Phantom 2 with FPV and NOT a Vision with Wifi app.
Basically, you're stuck with your IOS or Android screen, unless you add a complete FPV system. But by doing that, you might as well change the whole DJI Vision camera setup with a Gopro because the whole concept of Vision is based on the DJI proprietary Vision camera system and App.

But maybe there's a way to stream the Android or IOS screen to a FPV monitor, I don't know, or a video out cable or adapter for your specific phone.

Better ask the folks on the Vision or FPV forums, or do a search. I'm sure the question has been raised by many Vision users before you.

[edited- added]
If you talking about a FC40, it is relatively simple to add an 2.4 or 1.2GHz FPV setup with a screen or goggles of your choice. Getting IOSD information on your screen involves a bit modification and a PMU2 as well as IOSD Mini but certainly doable. Do a search, lot's of folks flying FC40's with full FPV.

I'm a little confused by the question myself, but I think it's just the phrasing. If I understand you,myou're asking what the brightest compatible TABLET is for a P2V or a P2V+, is that right?

If so, it's hands down the Samsung Galaxy Tab S with an OLED screen. These work far better in sunlight than any other tablet I've used, and I've used a lot of models for both Android and iOS including an iPad Mini 2, Galaxy Tab 4, Nexus 7. The Tab S beats them all in daylight by a wide margin. The others, including phones, are just about unusable under sunny conditions, although most will work OK if it's overcast or shaded.

This is what you want right here. There are plenty o cheaper tablets, but none of them can touch this screen for both resolution and brightness. $50 off right now:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-8- ... laxy+tab+s

I would also highly recommend a high-quality anti-glare screen protector. These will cut the glare from the sun without compromising the clarity or brightness of the display: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KZ3 ... UTF8&psc=1

Together this is the best possible combination for daylight you can get short of goggles.

dirkclod said:
Wouldn't swap 2 of them for my Ipad Mini ! :D
course it's paid for already and there is such a thing as shade ;)

Unfortunately shade is often not enough. Reflectance, screen brightness and contrast ratio all contribute to what is often called the High Ambient Light Contrast Rating, and right now there's not much to cheer about in current tablet tech. The Tab S is the best on the market ATM.

I've got a Mini Retina myself, and I absolutely love the thing, but unfortunately until Apple pulls their head out of the arse with regard to daylight performance, these Galaxies with the OLED screens really are the best available. Although to be fair, I have NOT seen the new iPad Air 2, which they claim has some anti-reflective screen properties. But I don't think they could have improved much from the Air 1. This is one area where there's still a huge amount of room for improvement from Apple.

I agree the Samsung Galaxy Tab S is unbeatable for screen brightness --- I bought the Tab S 10.5 (although returned it to Sams Club because it's too big to mount on my Tx) and it's Super AMOLED screen was very crisp & clear even in bright sunlight. Add a nice shade to it and there's no way Mr. Sun can ruin your day of flying. :p

That being said --- I still think the best FPV setup for the future will be 1080p goggles (perhaps the Samsung VR Gear) that you can quickly flip up when you fly in close.

got the Samsung galaxy s tablet and it keeps saying device isn't compatible.... not sure what am doing wrong....

californiadoug said:
got the Samsung galaxy s tablet and it keeps saying device isn't compatible.... not sure what am doing wrong....

You mean the DJI app cant be downloaded from the Playstore? That's normal and expected. Read the comments on the download, and there will be a link to the APK. Just download it from DJI and install it.

Is there much difference ?

Dont both use the same display technology ?

Very interesting topic.
I use a Kindle HD with a sunshade and even though its 100x better than my Galaxy phone it still is pretty bad in the sun.

Im hoping when I switch to a new drone one of the boscam monitors will work out better but am interested in other options now.

robinb said:
Is there much difference ?

Dont both use the same display technology ?

No, the Tab S (2014) uses an OLED screen. It's the only tablet on the market that does. Combined with a quality matte screen protector to mitigate reflections, and it's quite viewable, at least in indirect sunlight. I've directly compared with my son's Tab 4 (7"), wife's iPad Mini 2, and my 1st gen iPad Air (which is just too big anyway), and the Tab S is far far brighter than any of them. All of the other tablets on the market, IMO are virtually unreadable in any daylight whatsoever.

ok, thanks for clarification on that.

Though still a little confused.

I looked on samsung site.

The tab s 8 says WXGA TFT tech and the 8.4 show AMOLED

I found a way to stream live video to other things besides just the phone only on the vision plus !!! in anyone is interested I will post how to do it !!! all you got to do is let me know ive been using mine on a 7 " and bigger ...I can even post pics if you want me to it will cost about 50 bucks to do it but works awesome.. u can text me at my cell number below or pm me on here

'thanks

Shannon
(kyminer)
1-606-226-4753

Varmint I have ordered a tab S 8.4 and that should be with me thursday, the mount you showed (ali one that goes onto neck strap mount), how does the tablet attach to that ?

thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik