Best mobile workflow for Instagram with DJI Go?

Reaction score
I have spent a few hours watching tutorials to edit content on a computer.

Does anyone ever simply edit on site?

I use an iPad mini with my P4 and after capturing, I want to be able to produce a 20-30 sec video I can post on Instagram right away. And I have but the video quality is terrible on Instagram.
So I am losing data and I don't know where in the process it gets degraded.

Here is what I do:
Film > DJI Go editor > cut footage > create movies with the various clips I select > add music (sometimes) > save > Instagram post

Reactions: Mark C.
I have spent a few hours watching tutorials to edit content on a computer.

Does anyone ever simply edit on site?

I use an iPad mini with my P4 and after capturing, I want to be able to produce a 20-30 sec video I can post on Instagram right away. And I have but the video quality is terrible on Instagram.
So I am losing data and I don't know where in the process it gets degraded.

Here is what I do:
Film > DJI Go editor > cut footage > create movies with the various clips I select > add music (sometimes) > save > Instagram post
You can buy a micro SD to Lightning plug adapter and take the higher quality footage from the AC and download to your iPad. Go into iMovie and edit, then share. There is a great video tutorial on YouTube by David A. Cox on iMovie for iPad.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much!

And I apologize, what's AC?

It sounds like the footage quality is not at its best when transferred from the P4 to the remote/ iPad mini wirelessly? I didn't know that.

I will look at the adapter to use the iPad Mini.

So the best way would be to take out the microSD card and just microSD to SD and import the footage in Final Cut on my MacBook Pro. I usually have it with me but it's a pain to had this layer to the process.

Reactions: Mark C.
Thank you very much!

And I apologize, what's AC?

It sounds like the footage quality is not at its best when transferred from the P4 to the remote/ iPad mini wirelessly? I didn't know that.

I will look at the adapter to use the iPad Mini.

So the best way would be to take out the microSD card and just microSD to SD and import the footage in Final Cut on my MacBook Pro. I usually have it with me but it's a pain to had this layer to the process.
AC is Air Craft, if you are familiar with Final Cut, iMovie is the baby brother to it, very simple to use and is on your phone , tablet and laptop. Makes it easy to edit on the fly.
The streaming footage from your drone to your tablet is not as good as the SD. It makes for good reference as to shots taken and for control of your camera. If you want good quality transferring the SD is the best way to go.

I remember seeing somewhere that you can also live stream to Facebook and I think Instragram as well. If you're looking for a faster solution.

When I upload to Instagram the quality is a lot better and a lot less compressed if I save the video in iMovie at 720p and medium quality. If you upload a 1080p or 4K clip to Instagram the program compresses the crap out of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31