Best mobile device

Reaction score
Ok so I have the note 7 from Samsung and just had my first 1 mile out flight with my p3p. My question is. Is there a difference in using different devices and if so which is better

Sent from my SM-N930T using PhantomPilots mobile app

The best devices are those marked as recommended on this list.

Apple devices don't catch on fire ;)

I never expected any remark like that from you and you're wrong anyway
Yes, yes... I'm just a robot and am not allowed to crack jokes :D

FWIW, I use both Apple and Android devices. I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers.

Yes, yes... I'm just a robot and am not allowed to crack jokes :D

FWIW, I use both Apple and Android devices. I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers.

I know you were joking, sorry, but I was just trying to keep the thread on topic, there's enough apple v android bs on the net ;-)

there's enough apple v android bs on the net
True. I wasn't suggesting anyone choose one over the other though. All of the recommended devices are perfectly fine to use.

Stay away from the note 7. Lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My iPhone 7 is beautiful! No fire! Samsung is well horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I disagree. I have both iOS and Android.. tablets and phones. I get the latest and greatest Apple phone and tablet provided to me through work fo free.. I personally buy Android. I will say the Samsung phones up until the Note 7 disaster have been equal if not better than the comparable iPhone.

That said I'm looking forward to getting my new Apple stuff next week!! New free stuff is awesome.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: CleethorpesKid
Well that got outta hand quickly.... started the great o.s. wars............. thanks for staying with topic people

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

You asked; "My question is. Is there a difference in using different devices and if so which is better".

That is an open ended question and it is obvious that because you asking people's opinion that, yes, it will get out of hand. Everybody has an opinion. You opened the question, guess you'll just have to deal with it. Take the good stuff and leave the rest. You may be lucky it ended where it has... if it has. There also are many questions and suggestions if you search this forum first and review the many solutions to your problem. Good luck.

Also take a look at the link that msinger listed in his thread #2 just after your thread.

Apple devices don't catch on fire ;)
They don't? Seems to me there was a recall on the 6 due to fires...

Back to the ops question.
I'm using a Samsung S2 T-710 tablet and it works well with my Quad. and is fast with a beautiful screen.
Samsung does have some issues with the latest vr. of Android. We no longer get a prompt on which app to use when a USB device is plugged in (automatic default to the last app used). When changing apps from DJI Go to Litchi I have to go into settings and tell the previously used app that it is no longer the default, only then will you get the prompt on which app to use.
Also anything past vr. 2.8.3 of the DJI Go app is flaky on my device.

Reactions: NRJ
I just got a IPad mini 3 wifi-cellular for the gps. I hope this works out well. I have a Samsung Tab S but it's too big for the tablet holder. The mini is just the right size. I was going to try and connect it tonight for the first time, but I forgot my USB cable at work.

I use an iMac at home, have an iPhone 6, have an iPad but found that the Nvidia Shield K1 worked better with the Phantom. My first Android device.

They don't? Seems to me there was a recall on the 6 due to fires...

Back to the ops question.
I'm using a Samsung S2 T-710 tablet and it works well with my Quad. and is fast with a beautiful screen.
Samsung does have some issues with the latest vr. of Android. We no longer get a prompt on which app to use when a USB device is plugged in (automatic default to the last app used). When changing apps from DJI Go to Litchi I have to go into settings and tell the previously used app that it is no longer the default, only then will you get the prompt on which app to use.
Also anything past vr. 2.8.3 of the DJI Go app is flaky on my device.

I also use the Samsung S2 T-710 tablet and find it fast and very usable.

I haven't updated to Android 6 because of the USB default app issue and have no problems at all with it.

You can always wait for the Samsung Note 8 with built in fireworks display:

Samsung to release exploding Note 8 in time for Bonfire Night

(One of my favourite sites on the net) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NRJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.