Best MicroSD

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking at getting another microSD for my Phantom 3 4k. I'm just not sure the differences between microSDHX or microSDXC or whatever. Looking for 16gb-64gb.

Most any class 10 memory card will technically work. You can find a list of commonly used memory cards here.

Reactions: Phantassimo
What I ran into was I got large card, I think 64 gig, I will have to check.
Formatted in the Phantom, worked fine, but my old xp computers won't bring it up through the Phantom. I tried formatting with xp computer, every way possible. I can format it, but then the Phantom says Format Required to use this SD card. So my wife's laptop will read the card and can download through the phantom.

So anyways, not exactly what I had in mind.

For now, I will stick with 8 gig for flights around the house, then use the large one for taking vids out on the days we drive out and about.

What I ran into was I got large card, I think 64 gig, I will have to check.
Formatted in the Phantom, worked fine, but my old xp computers won't bring it up through the Phantom. I tried formatting with xp computer, every way possible. I can format it, but then the Phantom says Format Required to use this SD card. So my wife's laptop will read the card and can download through the phantom.

So anyways, not exactly what I had in mind.

For now, I will stick with 8 gig for flights around the house, then use the large one for taking vids out on the days we drive out and about.

The Phantom formats the card exFAT which Windows XP won't read. I can't test it past what I know off the top of my head since I no longer run XP.

The Phantom formats the card exFAT which Windows XP won't read. I can't test it past what I know off the top of my head since I no longer run XP.
Thanks, the goofy part is the smaller cards 4 and 8 gig, work on everything.:rolleyes:
Sure gave me a disappointing surprise.

Thanks, the goofy part is the smaller cards 4 and 8 gig, work on everything.:rolleyes:
Sure gave me a disappointing surprise.

Educated guess is, like my dslr, 32gb and below probably format in camera fat32, which XP can read.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj