Best MicroSD card for P3

You're missing the whole point of my post which is that all class 10 cards are NOT created equal. Most have good read speeds but most budget cards have crap write speeds and will not give the best most reliable performance. People need to check the write speed specs of any card before they consider purchase.

@BenDronePilot you didn't click the link or read the standard, did you?

Class 10 is a standard of write speed, a class 10 card must be able to sustain 10MB/s sequential write. Read speed is irrelevant for Class 10 (or UHS-1 or UHS-3).

The P3 encodes 4K and UHD video at 7.5MB/s (60mbps), therefore any legitimate Class 10 card will work fine.

Samsung cards never worked for my p2 for some reason. I use the scandisk ultra or extreme 16gb and they are good as far as I can tell. Any difference in quality of video with a card or just speed?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Samsung cards never worked for my p2 for some reason. I use the scandisk ultra or extreme 16gb and they are good as far as I can tell. Any difference in quality of video with a card or just speed?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just make sure it's a legitimate card. It's not a bad idea to test new cards with a standard utility like Crystal Disk Mark. The Ultra and Extreme cards should test above 20MB/s in sequential write, which is the only score that will affect performance on the P3. The P3 camera maxs out at 12.5MB/s (SD bus Normal_Speed), so anything faster than that is solid.

Always a good idea to format your card in the P3, many professional operators do this every flight.

Faster cards will speed up the transfer from your card to the computer is all.

You are wasting your effort looking for the "best" sd card.
It won't make any difference.
The bottleneck is in the Phantom.
Any card that meets DJI's specs will be fine.
Micro SD Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

NOT TRUE.....Sandisk ULTRA microSDHC UHS-1 card with 48MB/s 320X card is invalid in my P3S. DJI phone tech support tried to tell me the max capacity was 8GB. I am now thinking DJI and SanDisk have a feud going.

A slower Adata card (only C10) in my GoPro works fine in the P3S and the Sandisk works fine in my GoPro. So maybe the fact that the Sandisk is a UHS-1 is a problem EXCEPT that other UHS-1 and UHS-3 card are recommended.

NOT TRUE.....Sandisk ULTRA microSDHC UHS-1 card with 48MB/s 320X card is invalid in my P3S. DJI phone tech support tried to tell me the max capacity was 8GB. I am now thinking DJI and SanDisk have a feud going.
Finding one card that doesn't work doesn't change what I wrote over two years ago.
It's common to find dodgy and fake cards.
Unfortunately DJI Support are not a reliable source for accurate information.
If they told you 8GB is the max size, they are confused between coming with an 8GB card and accepting up to 64GB as a max.
The manual itself says: Supported SD Card Types Micro SD, Max Capacity: 64GB.

Reactions: Oso
Hi I'm recording on 128 gig card in my p3s just to let you know. To be fair I have only 30 Gb recored onto it but so far so good and of course its not wise to put all you films in one card but you know how much room high quilty setting take up. and on holiday outings popping to 3 or 4 locations to keep the family happy. its useful to pop one card in and off you go for the whole day or two.
Finding one card that doesn't work doesn't change what I wrote over two years ago.
It's common to find dodgy and fake cards.
Unfortunately DJI Support are not a reliable source for accurate information.
If they told you 8GB is the max size, they are confused between coming with an 8GB card and accepting up to 64GB as a max.
The manual itself says: Supported SD Card Types Micro SD, Max Capacity: 64GB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31