Best Micro SD card for P3P...

The absolute best memory card available right now is the SanDisk Extreme Pro. Any of the memory cards listed here will work though.

Last edited:
Coach, I believe that's Best Buy's rebranded version of the SanDisk Extreme memory card -- which is a good choice. That's what I normally use.

The main thing is not to end up with a bootleg version.
The P3P bitrate is at the low end of 4K and any decent UHS-1 class 10 will do.
You don't need more than 40mbs write speed
I use relatively cheap Toshiba cards because no one tries to fake them - they are only about £10 for 32GB - so I have two so the spare is in the case for those times when I get to the field and discover it is still in the PC slot at home from last time.

Reactions: Matt W Ruff
I highly recommend the Samsung SD cards. I use the Samsung EVO Class 10 cards. No issues in the P3P.

I have issues with Sandisk Ultra UHS-I/Class 10 cards. 2 of 4 I've owned lately have been flaky when recording in a P3P and a P3A, and I've replaced them with the Samsung cards.

Reactions: yawnalot29
What do you think is the best Micro SD card for P3P?...
Since the speed is controlled by the Phantom and not the card, there's no "best".
The only advantage you get for the $$ is a slightly faster transfer time copying files across to your computer.

What do you think is the best Micro SD card for P3P?...
I usually disregard the read speed that is often used in advertising cards and research only the write speed which to me is much more important. I have found that any card with high write speeds will also have very high read speeds anyway. I try to only use cards with a write speed high enough to exceed the Phantom's capabilities so that the Phantom itself is the speed bottleneck and not the card.

Reactions: NRJ
Since the speed is controlled by the Phantom and not the card, there's no "best".
The only advantage you get for the $$ is a slightly faster transfer time copying files across to your computer.
This is why I like the Lexar Pro 1000x, it transfers files off the card a lot faster so less waiting. Probably not a big deal if you download 1080p files after every flight. But if you do 4k or leave a lot of files on the disk before transferring them, the additional read speed will be a big difference in how long it takes to download the files. Since the cost is the same as the SanDisk Extreme Pro, might as well go with the one with faster read speed. YMMV. ;)

-Scott

I was asking about a good microsd card for the moment of plugging the usb card reader into my TV to watch the videos for not having any problems with frozen videos or picture...

Actually the best card is the Lexar Pro 1000x (150mbs) 64mb. The Sandisk posted is only 95mbs (633x). Both are U3 and will work of course. I have the Lexar and its crazy fast with the included USB 3.0 adapter.
Amazon.com: Lexar Professional 1000x microSDXC 64GB UHS-II/U3 (Up to 150MB/s Read) W/USB 3.0 Reader Flash Memory Card LSDMI64GCBNL1000R: Computers & Accessories

Hmmmm... I guess if you believe the advertisement.

Check this review out (I guess it assume you believe this guy)

http://smile.amazon.com/review/R1M1...&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=541966&store=pc

Not sure if he's talking about the same Lexar as you are (which I think he is, look at his picture).

Sequential WRITE
Lexar 1000x Pro: 56 MB/s
SanDisk Extreme Pro: 91 MB/s

Random WRITE
Lexar 1000x Pro: 1.4 MB/s
SanDisk Extreme Pro: 3.0 MB/s

Take this for what you will.

This is why I like the Lexar Pro 1000x, it transfers files off the card a lot faster so less waiting. Probably not a big deal if you download 1080p files after every flight. But if you do 4k or leave a lot of files on the disk before transferring them, the additional read speed will be a big difference in how long it takes to download the files. Since the cost is the same as the SanDisk Extreme Pro, might as well go with the one with faster read speed. YMMV. ;)

-Scott

The Lexar Pro 1000x get 148MB/s using bundled reader, and about 90MB/s with other reader.

Borrowing content from this link:
Amazon.com: J. Yang's review of PNY U3 Turbo Performance 32GB High Speed M...

Test Results
(Numbers are
  • Sequential Read,
  • Sequential Write,
  • 4K Random Read,
  • 4K Random Write
in MB/s, speeds greater than 10MB/s were rounded to the whole numbers).

All 64GB micro SD card

Lexar 1000x -- 92, 56, 12, 1.5 ($52 on Amazon)
Lexar 1000x with Bundled Reader* -- 153, 66, 11, 1.7 ($52 on Amazon)
Samsung Pro gray -- 90, 80, 10, 3.5 ($45 on Adorama)
Samsung Pro+ *** -- 92, 86, 10, 5.3, ($36 on Adorama)
Sandisk Extreme Plus**** -- 92, 58, 10, 2.8 ($50 on Amazon)
Sandisk Extreme Pro - 97, 91, 10, 3.0 ($50 on Amazon)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik