Best MacBook Pro software to use w phantom 3

Reaction score
Totally new to flying drones recently received my phantom three professional and love it any ideas of what the easiest and best MacBook Pro software are to edit and play with the videos and pics. Thanks for any help.

The easiest & cheapest? The built in iMovie editor. One of the hardest and at a steep cost, Adobe CS.

I used iMovie to just add a soundtrack to my first flight video (no real video "editing"). Maybe yours is speced better than mine but it wasn't able to really play it back. Which was fine I just wanted to render the sound track and slap it on youtube. It took 30 minutes to render 2 minute 4k clip o_O.

A friend said he just uploaded all his clips to YT as private and then used the YT editor to make his final cut. I've never used that before but plan to try it out next time as it turned out pretty good.

If you want real professional video editing software there's final cut pro but likely overkill.

Try Pinnacle Studio. It was free when I downloaded it months ago. Not sure now, but is easy with lots of features

Try Pinnacle Studio. It was free when I downloaded it months ago. Not sure now, but is easy with lots of features
You probably didn't spot the bit where he said MacBook.

@spinnerup Thats my go to program to use. Final Cut Pro yes is a little more complicated but surely gets the job done...

I have FCPX and Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Both have steep learning curves but are very full-featured and do the job. Each has strengths and weaknesses.

Anyone using final cut pro? Newbie here.
I'm also using Final cut pro x. bit of a newbie on it, but it does have a lot more to offer than iMovie.

something else I would recommend is to use Compressor along with FCPX. It has defaults to compress in 4k format suitable for upload to sites like YouTube. drastic cuts the fix size down with almost no loss of quality (using a retina screen, not 4K)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers