Best Low Battery Warning Levels

Reaction score
I would like to know what everyone considers an appropriate level of battery charge for both the low battery warning to be triggered and the critically low battery warning to be triggered.

Many Thanks

Chris P

10%?

I wonder if you already test it, but from default setting at 10% the aircraft will land immediatly where it is.
You have to put your left stick up to keep it in the air.

bye

Ok guys, i will try to explain the complete test i'v just done 2 months ago. ( i wish i think of capture that on tape !!)

Was done on a brand new unboxed P3P

Here i don't talk about voltage view of the lowest cell on the battery, i think it the best way to know if it's time to get back to land or not,

anyway...
full 100% battery (flying for fun for couple of minutes)
then, 30% battery, warning message "low critical" and sound beeping.
then 20% battery, popup that say it's better to land you bird (you can cancelled that message on screen)
then 10% battery, a voice telling you it's going to land now and the bird start to descent.
you can trigger up the left stick and fight that landing until 0%
and then...
0% battery , the bird will go dead drop (4 motors stopped), believe me i'v try it from 2 feets above the ground on a safe grass.

30% and 10%

I have 30 and 15.

I seldom breach the 30 mark...
  1. So that I have more headroom for the return flight and for landing
  2. Especially on a hot day, helps prevents the battery from overheating
  3. So as not to deplete the battery to near-empty, which will likely extend its useful life
  4. To take into consideration that the battery level being reported might be wrong

30% and 15%

30% for when I'm up high or at a distance so I can bring it back, then 15% to keep it near me and fly about to battery is around 8-10% so I can switch it off near me when I land

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

30% and 15%

30% for when I'm up high or at a distance so I can bring it back, then 15% to keep it near me and fly about to battery is around 8-10% so I can switch it off near me when I land

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app
If your critically low battery warning is set at 15%, how do you fly to around 8-10%. Since it going to start landing at the 15% number.

Bring up the throttle a bit and it will stop descending. But once you release it, it will resume landing.
Never tried this during a critically low landing. Will it just stop descending, or can you actually climb ?

I see no reason why you might want to increase the critical % above the lowest available setting. You may want, and in fact it could be critical to have, as large a buffer as might be available to you to maintain complete control prior to forced landing.

Never tried this during a critically low landing. Will it just stop descending, or can you actually climb ?
I believe that it will, albeit very slowly, even at full throttle. The purpose is to allow the pilot to still have limited control of the aircraft to be able to avoid obstacles or danger, such as a potential water auto-landing or just to move it out of harm's way.

I believe that it will, albeit very slowly, even at full throttle. The purpose is to allow the pilot to still have limited control of the aircraft to be able to avoid obstacles or danger, such as a potential water landing or just to move it out of harm's way.
To the extent it climbs I haven't noticed it. Full up halts the descent only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen