Best LiPo for longest flight WITH aftermarket battery door?

Reaction score
Was wondering what is the largest capacity battery that will fit in the Phantom FC40 w/ the extended battery door? I understand the largest you can put in with the stock door is 2700 mAh.

Re: Best LiPo for longest flight WITH aftermarket battery do

That's it at the moment..
Saw a 3300 on ban good.com but its a bit too wide and heavy any gain would be offset by the extra weight !!

the 4000 fits just fine, little bit of cutting its a great fit. small cutout on the side. I drilled a hole on the side of the body, ran the power lead through the body, run the battery lead out the side of door, put battery in body , close door, ready to go , no more tucking wires in that small space, a lot easer this way, I think

I now have a hole in FC40 side and a battery carrier at rear..it balances the camera and gimbal quite nicely..

this is the lipo I use, 3000mAh it will go in wire first on my V1.1.1 but I didn't like to keep bending the wires so now I've cut a small hole either side of the door and this lipo fits so easy and you can close the door the connect the wires from the outside whenever your ready to fly. it only weighs 205 gm so no great loss of flight time, my phantom auw is 1235gms and with this lipo I can get at least 10 minutes flight

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191593163428?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:
With the Trinity 4Ah, my stock FC40 gets 14-23min till power down using dji OEM 9443s, and original camera mounted.
The 3Ah gives 11-16min flights.
In general I get 3.5-5min of flight per Ah of battery, depending on how demanding the flight is.

Was wondering what is the largest capacity battery that will fit in the Phantom FC40 w/ the extended battery door? I understand the largest you can put in with the stock door is 2700 mAh.
Hi I use a 2900mAH battery with the standard door.

I just add an external bracket on the rear - running 2 stock 2.2Ah batteries.

Black Magic 3000mah fit in with stock door. Nice and cheap batteries as long as they are respected they will last

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: magish01

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4