Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Best link for dji support

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Jordanjj, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Jordanjj

Need help asap from people that know what there talking about thanks??

2. richmunton

You are already in the best place for DJI support just be patient and someone will reply, there are some brilliant members here who have a vast knowledge of all things DJI, because it's a worldwide forum people come online at different times but the help and support is second to none I am in the uk and it often takes a few hours for USA/ AUS guys to answer my questions, what are you having problems with?

Bigfoot_Hunter likes this.
  3. richmunton

I see on your other thread that you were talking to #bobmyers? Just wait till he is back online as he has been a great help to me and he seems to be a bloody nice guy

4. Jordanjj

Thanks mate having problems with my remote control brand new straight out of the box and it will no update firmware at all have watched everything what to do on YouTube

5. richmunton

Has it asked you to update in DJI go app?

6. Jordanjj

No I only downloaded it two days ago so no updates to be done I think? It doesn't even recognise the drone check the screen shot please

7. Jordanjj

8. richmunton

Don't want to state the obvious but have you started and shut down the controller several times? Have you formatted the memory card a few times before you updated the controller?

9. Jordanjj

Yes have started and shut down plenty of times, formatted the memory card what do you mean by that? Cheers

10. richmunton

Have you tried to install the older firmware first?

11. richmunton

If the card has not been formatted several times it can leave a ghost copy of the aircrafts firmware on the card and this will confuse the controller update

12. Jordanjj

Yes I currently have the second latest firmware for the pro but when I go to update the firmware on the remote control no action no beeping noise or anything

13. richmunton

Oh that sounds poo give me a few mins and I will search more info

14. Jordanjj

Thanks mate I am going to sleep so talk to you tomorrow really appreciate your help I am so devastated haven't even got the props to even spin yet :/

15. Jordanjj

Do you have a Facebook name I can add to make convos abit easier ?

16. Angus Macsac

I've always found best to choose low level format when formatting cards.

17. Angus Macsac

Related question: if I do a low level format to the SD card using my PC, then place the .BIN file on the SD root directory, then insert the SD card in the camera slot on the aircraft (P3A), then attempt to do the update will the bird recognize the card file structure? ....

OR if I low level format the SD card 1st on my PC, should I then insert the SD card in camera slot on bird, then start everything up (bird, RC and DJI GO app) - I presume this will allow any proprietary formatting of the SD card to take place (like creating the DCIM folder for example) - then shut everything down, take the SD card out of the bird, insert the card in PC and load the .BIN file in the root directory (same directory that would contain the DCIM folder)?

Hmmmmmm.... thoughts ?

18. Angus Macsac

Also I have really old firmware on bird like 1.1.9 version and I see on DJI's download page ( Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI ) that there is a notice for that situation ....
    "The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft."
    To be clear, this means I do 2 updates? The first being to install v1.3.20 on the bird then the second update with the newest v1.4.0010???

19. hunch

if you haven't solved the issue yet let me know, i have a "wipe" file for P3 controller which will basically bring it to
    out of factory pre-firmware upgrade. it wipes the controller of all firmware updates and then you can put whatever
    FW on it via USB thumb drive.

DroneBruh likes this.
  20. DroneBruh

I bricked my phantom 3 pro trying out the new go beta firmware, would u be so kind as to send me the wipe file - brianmcgaw@hotmail.Com - Thank u very much in advance