Best IPad or tablet option?

Reaction score
Sorry I tried to search, but I couldn't find a great answer.

So I am a complete noob and I just bought a P3P. One of the main reasons is to take it to Iceland next year for my wedding. I'm sure most locations will be remote so wifi is out and who knows about cell coverage. There most likely will be other adventures in remote locations around the world as well as plenty of flights in the States with cell or wifi coverage. So what are some good options for an iPad or tablet? Thanks!!

Sorry I tried to search, but I couldn't find a great answer.

So I am a complete noob and I just bought a P3P. One of the main reasons is to take it to Iceland next year for my wedding. I'm sure most locations will be remote so wifi is out and who knows about cell coverage. There most likely will be other adventures in remote locations around the world as well as plenty of flights in the States with cell or wifi coverage. So what are some good options for an iPad or tablet? Thanks!!
Here are some links to help start your research:

Best Tabs/Phones for DJI GO

What to expect with Different iPads / Situations

Bullet list of tips for new P3A/P3P owners

Tabs and Phones that work well

Many people comment on how well the Shield K1 works as well as assorted iPads such as the Air 2 and the Mini 4. As with most anything, it depends on your budget and what you want to do with it. You'll get dozens of different suggestions.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I have a p3p, and use iPad Air 2,
Mainly because, it has a great picture even in sunlight ( no sunshade needed ) plus it works perfectly! Not sure what else works good? But my iPad 3, would not work, so I upgraded to the air 2. I love it! Just my 2 cents.

J Dot
:cool:

I had an old iPad 2 mini wifi/4G laying around and decided to put it to use. It works flawlessly and is perfectly sized. I would recommend the 4G option in whatever device you choose as these (at least iOS) are the only devices equipped with GPS. GPS is needed for changing of home point, follow me etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

been in the same boat as the OP, I've been using my Samsung S7 Edge but really want the extra real estate! The Ipad mini 2, the Nvidia Shield and the Samsung S2 are all on my watch list...

I like the iPad mini, that's what I use. Of course it has to be a gen2 or above in order to have a good enough processor for the app and video feed to run.

The mini is Perfect Imo cuz it does not over weigh the controller, it's much bigger than a phone but smaller than a normal iPad or tablet. It's easy to carry around, looks sexy as hell, doesn't look in-proportionate and certainly looks nice if you buy a white one like I did to match the controller and drone. The back of the iPad mini is a metal silver back, and it matches the silver/grey comfort grips and such on the backside of the controller. +1 for the iPad mini.

Not to mention ISO is very simple to use, never glitches like android, and it's just a very stable operating system. Oh and did I mention it can play 2.7 and 4K videos??

I like the iPad mini, that's what I use. Of course it has to be a gen2 or above in order to have a good enough processor for the app and video feed to run.

The mini is Perfect Imo cuz it does not over weigh the controller, it's much bigger than a phone but smaller than a normal iPad or tablet. It's easy to carry around, looks sexy as hell, doesn't look in-proportionate and certainly looks nice if you buy a white one like I did to match the controller and drone. The back of the iPad mini is a metal silver back, and it matches the silver/grey comfort grips and such on the backside of the controller. +1 for the iPad mini.

Not to mention ISO is very simple to use, never glitches like android, and it's just a very stable operating system. Oh and did I mention it can play 2.7 and 4K videos??

Reactions: Banksy
Your only option would be to attach an external GPS receiver then -- like one of these.

For Android I use a Samsung S2 SM T-810
I use this tablet flawlessly with Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Pro. Zero picture lag and I have Go, Go4 and Litchi all installed and running perfectly.
I rooted this tablet early on for easy backups and so I can rip and save older versions of the APKs (for when DJI invariably screw something up).
I highly recommend it if you can find the same model. I hear all Samsung S2's are not the same.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl