Best iPad Mini for DJI Go?

Reaction score
What's the best iPad mini to use with the DJI Go app and Phantom 3 Pro? I hear some have video lag. Issues. Looking for the best with the least amount of problems.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have both the iPad Mini 2 and iPad Mini 4. Neither lag when running DJI GO. I usually run them with the tips I shared here.

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
iPad mini 4 is great. The size is a perfect complement to the size of the controller so that it's not top-heavy and hard to hold or as likely to topple over. No video lag or anymore than I recognized with my iPad Air I used before.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I use a mini2 as I couldn't afford a mini4. It seems to work ok. But I don't fly out of sight yet.....

I was using my iPhone 6s Plus and I saw on here that iPad mini 4 would be good so I went and got a 16 GB version and it is correct it is absolutely perfect

You only need the cellular version if you want to use the Follow Me feature. The other intelligent flight features do not require GPS on the mobile device. If you have a Wi-Fi only device, you could also use an external GPS receiver -- like one of these.

You only need the cellular version if you want to use the Follow Me feature. The other intelligent flight features do not require GPS on the mobile device. If you have a Wi-Fi only device, you could also use an external GPS receiver -- like one of these.

Great thanks. I don't see myself using the follow me feature where i live (not many open areas) but if i wanted to try it i could use the phone. I'm assuming if i am buying a tablet to dedicate just for the Phantom there would be no reason to get anything larger than the base model 16GB? I would most likely be downloading videos direct to my computer and not the tablet for saving.

if i am buying a tablet to dedicate just for the Phantom there would be no reason to get anything larger than the base model 16GB? I would most likely be downloading videos direct to my computer and not the tablet for saving.
Yes. You'll never even use close to 16GB if you're not caching the video on the tablet.

Yes. You'll never even use close to 16GB if you're not caching the video on the tablet.

@msinger, does your iPad 2 mini run a bit hot sometimes and shut down? Mine has done it once before I changed out the shield to a more 'open' one on the back.

Nothing like being at the edge of VLOS and have a blank screen.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I also found out I don't like flying in the sun when it's 95 out :D

It did once when it was ~95 degrees out, I was standing in the sun, and I had a thin case on it.

I carry a cooler with ice covered by plastic garbage bag and place the iPad inside the cooler to cool down when out in hot temps. I also plant a large black golf umbrella on my bike to sit under to shade both me and the iPad for better viewing and to reduce heat stress. Direct sun, no matter what the ambient temp, will overheat any device rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20